Linda has more than 30 years’ experience in environmental litigation and regulatory matters, including cases involving alleged water discharge violations, hazardous waste, groundwater contamination, water quality standards and discharge permit limits, Superfund unilateral cleanup orders, Superfund de minimis settlements and issues involving other environmental laws.
In addition, Linda assists many firm corporate clients in corporate transactions, including real estate and asset acquisitions, advising on critical environmental matters and potential liabilities prior to and after acquisitions. She has expertise in Brownfields procedures and regularly advises clients how to best protect themselves from environmental liabilities when purchasing contaminated or potentially contaminated properties.
Linda zealously represents clients in the most cost-effective manner possible while maintaining the high quality of legal representation firm clients have come to expect. She regularly receives recognition from her peers for her environmental law expertise.
Linda is a frequent speaker for continuing legal education in Oklahoma.
- Represented private real estate development company in EPA and Corps of Engineers penalty action based upon allegations of wetlands disturbance
- Represented environmental engineering company in litigation regarding remediation of a radioactive waste pit
- Represented a manufacturing company in defending a lawsuit by neighboring landowner alleging TCE contamination emanating from property
- Represented Fortune 500 companies in Hardage Superfund Site negotiating multimillion dollar de minimis buyout with EPA on behalf of the de minimis PRP group
- Guided several companies and individuals through the Brownfields process in Oklahoma
- Acted as an administrative law judge on one case at the request of the Oklahoma Department of Environmental Quality
- Represented a municipality in an EPA action based upon large fish kill from wastewater treatment plant
- Represented several municipalities in litigation with Rural Water Districts focused on § 1926(b) competition protection of territory claimed by the Rural Water Districts
- Represented municipalities and public entities in disputes with state agencies and EPA over water discharge permit limits and TMDL studies
- Represented a public utility company in environmental matters unique to public utilities, including fly ash, air quality, PCBs, water discharge permits and other issues
- Represented railroad company in cleanup of a spill from train derailment
- Represented individual in litigation by railroad company for cross contamination of railroad yard