Recognized since 2021
San Francisco, California
Litigation - Antitrust
A partner in Lieff Cabraser’s San Francisco office, Lin Chan’s successes include representing California consumers and third party payors charging that brand name and generic drug manufacturers conspired to restrain competition in the sale of Bayer’s blockbuster antibiotic drug Ciprofloxacin (Cipro). In 2017, plaintiffs in the Cipro case settled with all remaining defendants, bringing the total recovery to $399 million. Lin won AAI’s Antitrust Enforcement award for “Outstanding Antitrust Achievement by a Young Lawyer” for her work on the Cipro drug antitrust cases. She also shared Lieff Cabraser’s team award from the AAI’s Antitrust Enforcement award for “Outstanding Private Practice Antitrust Achievement” for their work on the Cipro case.
Lin also represented direct purchasers of titanium dioxide against titanium dioxide manufacturers for conspiring to fix prices. The case settled on the eve of trial in 2013 for $163 million.
Lin currently serves as co-lead counsel representing consumers who allege that the two leading manufacturers and distributors of consumer telescopes conspired to fix prices and monopolize the consumer telescope market in the United States.
She serves as 2023 President of the Asian American Bar Association of the Greater Bay Area. Lin was the inaugural recipient of AAI and COSAL’s Hollis Salzman Memorial Leadership Award in 2021, awarded to a leader within the plaintiffs’ antitrust bar who has advanced opportunities for other women and attorneys from underrepresented groups. She also serves as Immediate Past President of COSAL and a member of the AAI’s Advisory Board. Lin is Lieff Cabraser’s Hiring Partner and leads the firm’s Lawyers of Color Committee.
Prior to joining Lieff Cabraser, Lin litigated employment class actions at Goldstein, Demchak, Baller, Borgen & Dardarian. She also served as a law clerk to the Honorable Damon J. Keith of the Sixth Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals from 2007 to 2008.
Lin received her J.D. from Stanford Law School in 2007. While at Stanford, Lin was the Editor-in-Chief of the Stanford Journal of Civil Rights and Civil Liberties.
- Lawyer Page: https://www.lieffcabraser.com/attorneys/lin-y-chan/
- 275 Battery Street, 29th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94111
- Stanford University, J.D., graduated 2008
- California, The State Bar of California, 2008
- American Antitrust Institute - Advisory Board Member, 2019 – present
- American Bar Association Section of Civil Rights and Social Justice - Fair and Impartial Courts Committee Co-Chair, 2017-2019
- Asian Americans Advancing Justice – Asian Law Caucus - Executive Committee and Board Member, 2013-2019; Annual Dinner Committee Co-Chair, 2015-2016
- Asian American Bar Association - President, 2023; Officer, 2020-2022; Director-at-Large, 2017-2019; Women’s Committee Co-Chair, 2016-2017; Civil Rights Committee Co-Chair, 2011-2016
- Bar Association of San Francisco (Antitrust and Business Regulation) - Co-Chair, 2018-2019
- Committee to Support Antitrust Laws (COSAL) - Immediate Past President, 2023; President, 2022; Officer, 2019-2021
- Law360 Editorial Advisory Board, Competition, 2021, 2022 - Member
- Public Justice - Member
- State Bar of California - Member
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 2011
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit, 2010
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California, 2010
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California, 2008
- U.S. District Court, District of New Mexico, 2017
- Antitrust Law
- Litigation - Antitrust
- Selected for inclusion by peers in The Best Lawyers in America in field of “Litigation – Antitrust,” 2021-2024
- “Lawdragon 500 Leading Plaintiff Employment & Civil Rights Lawyers in America,” Lawdragon, 2018-2023
“Top 100 Northern California Super Lawyer,” Super Lawyers, 2023
“Top 50 Women Super Lawyer,” Super Lawyers, 2023
- “Lawdragon 500 Leading Plaintiff Financial Lawyers in America,” Lawdragon, 2019-2023
- “Super Lawyer for Northern California,” Super Lawyers, 2019-2023
- “Top Antitrust Lawyers in California,” Daily Journal, 2021
- “Hollis Salzman Memorial Leadership Award,” American Antitrust Institute & Committee to Support the Antitrust Laws (COSAL), 2021
- “40 and Under Hot List,” Benchmark Litigation, 2018
- “Rising Star for Northern California,” Super Lawyers, 2015-2018
- “Rising Star for Competition Law,” Law360, 2017
- “Outstanding Private Practice Antitrust Achievement,” American Antitrust Institute, 2017
- “Outstanding Antitrust Achievement by a Young Lawyer,” American Antitrust Institute, 2017
- Litigation - Labor and Employment
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.