Recognized since 2021
Admiralty and Maritime Law
Before attending law school, Limor Ben-Maier worked for a solo practitioner, assisting with everything from client intake to litigation preparation. It was on the advice of that attorney that she attended Gonzaga University in Spokane, Washington, and began studying Admiralty Law, eventually earning her Master of Law degree in the area.
After graduating, Ms. Ben-Maier served as a federal court clerk, handling longshore claims, as well as Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation claims, consumer protection, immigration visas and an influx of Defense Base Act cases. She has successfully prevailed on numerous appeals before the Benefits Review Board and the Fifth Circuit. She regularly handles claims brought before the Department of Labor’s Office of Administrative Law Judges.
Ms. Ben-Maier’s experience working with plaintiffs has served her well as a defense attorney, allowing her to see a case from all sides – especially when claims are exaggerated and overblown – as she advocates on behalf of her clients and holds opposing attorneys and clients accountable to what’s fair.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://sbsb-eastham.com/attorney/limor-ben-maier/
- 1001 Mckinney Street, Suite 1400
Houston, TX 77002
- Tulane University , L.L.M., admiralty, graduated 2005
- Gonzaga University , J.D., graduated 2004
- Florida Atlantic University, B.S.
- Texas, State Bar of Texas
- Houston Mariners Club - Member
- Maritime Law Association - Member
- Women’s International Shipping & Trading Association - Member
- Supreme Court of Florida
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Admiralty and Maritime Law
- Rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell
- The Best Lawyers in America, 2021 (Admiralty and Maritime Law – Houston)
- Recognized for outstanding contribution in pro bono work by the Pro Bono College of the Texas State Bar – 2018
Community InvolvementAnimal Rescue and Fostering
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.