Recognized since 2010
Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants
Leslie A. McCormick joined Wicker Smith in 1986 and is a partner in the firm’s Miami office.
An AV® Preeminent™ rated attorney by Martindale-Hubbell, Leslie has handled numerous medical malpractice cases for healthcare providers and hospital facilities in a wide range of complex issues involving wrongful death, brain damage, surgical and nursing issues. Among her many successful cases, Leslie served as counsel for NutriSystem, Inc. in the State Court and multi-district litigation involving over 300 lawsuits concerning the NutriSystem Weight Loss Centers. She also served as local counsel for Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, handling over 100 lawsuits in the State Court, Federal Court and multi-district litigation involving breast implants.
A dynamic public speaker, Leslie has actively lectured over the course of her 25+ year career to several healthcare organizations including Baptist Hospital of Miami, South Miami Hospital, and Mount Sinai Medical Center, to name a few, sharing her expert knowledge in legal issues related to the healthcare industry. Some of the many topics that she has covered include: Patient Safety as a Risk Management Strategy, Nursing Documentation and the Impact on Litigation, Critical Skills for Obstetrical Nurse, and Your Role in the Litigation Process.
After earning a Bachelor of Arts degree from Clemson University in 1984, Leslie went on to earn her Juris Doctor degree from the University of Miami School of Law in 1987. Leslie is admitted to practice in the State of Florida and the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida. She is currently a member of The Florida Bar, The Federal Bar, American and Miami-Dade County Bar Associations, Dade County Defense Bar Association, ASHRM, Defense Research Institute and the Florida Hospital Association. She was also a member of the AD HOC Trial Practices and Procedures Committee of Dade County for 10 years. Among recent honors, she was named to the list of Best Lawyers in America from 2010 to 2017, Florida Super Lawyers from 2008 to 2014, South Florida Legal Guide's Top Lawyer 2013 to 2015, and Florida Trend magazine’s Florida Legal Elite 2008.
- Regions Bank Building, Suite 800
2800 Ponce de Leon Boulevard
Miami, FL 33134
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D., graduated 1987
- Florida, The Florida Bar
- AD HOC Trial Practices and Procedures Committee of Dade County 1994 - 2004 - Member
- American Bar Association - Member
- American Society for Healthcare Risk Management - Member
- Council on Litigation Management -
- Dade County Bar Association - Member
- Dade County Defense Bar Association - Officer, 1995 – 1997
- Defense Research Institute - Member
- Florida Hospital Association - Member
- Riviera Country Club - Board of Governors 2006 - 2010; Executive Committee 2007 – 2008
- The Federal Bar, Southern District of Florida Trial Bar - Member
- The Florida Bar - Member
- University of Miami School of Law Alumni Association - Presidential Appointee 2000 – 2001
- Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants
- Best Lawyers in America
- Florida Super Lawyers
- South Florida Legal Guide’s Top Lawyers in Medical Malpractice
- Florida Trend’s Florida Legal Elite
- Personal Injury Litigation
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.