Recognized since 2011
Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
Workers' Compensation Law - Claimants
Leland has collected settlements and verdicts against insurance companies for his catastrophically injured clients in cases involving plant explosions, train derailments, medical malpractice, road construction negligence, product liability, trucking accidents, automobile collisions, workers' compensation and personal injury complex cases, and premise liability injuries. He and his law firm were recently recognized by America’s High Stakes Litigators for achieving one of the top 100 settlements in the United States stemming from a plant explosion and workers compensation claim. Leland and the firm have the mindset and focus on helping people across Georgia and South Carolina who have suffered personal injuries, catastrophic injuries, or death.
Prior to founding Nimmons Malchow Johnson, Leland spent close to a decade as a defense trial lawyer for various insurance companies. His experience of defending medical malpractice claims, automobile and personal injury claims, worker’s compensation, and negligence claims in state and federal courts has and continues to arm him with perspective from strategy, negotiations, and all the way to trial.
Leland has received some of the highest awards and ratings and been nominated by other attorneys and people in the community. Some of Leland’s most recent named awards are: Super Lawyers, Top Attorneys in Georgia, Best attorneys in Georgia, Top 100 Trial Lawyers, Highest Rating in Legal Ability & Ethical Standards by Martindale-Hubbell, and Best Lawyer of the Year. In addition, Leland was nominated and chosen to serve as president of the Augusta Bar and president of Georgia’s Young Lawyers.
Leland is a member of the Georgia and South Carolina Bar. Leland firmly believes that his highest priority is giving back to the local community through his service with the Augusta Rotary Club, his membership at St. Mary’s on the Hill Church, and the firm’s financial and service contributions for local charities. He and his wife Janna are the proud parents of three children and two grandchildren.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://nmjfirm.com/attorney-leland-malchow/
- 460 Greene Street
Augusta, GA 30901
- Mercer University, J.D., graduated 1985
- University of Georgia, BBA, graduated 1982
- Georgia, 1985
- South Carolina, 1992
- Aiken Bar Association - Member
- American Bar Association - Member
- Augusta Bar Association - President
- Georgia Bar Foundation - Fellow
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association - Member
- South Carolina Trial Lawyers Association - Member
- United States District Court of Appeals
- Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States Supreme Court
- Court of Appeals for Georgia
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- South Carolina Supreme Court
- South Carolina Court of Appeals
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Workers' Compensation Law - Claimants, Augusta, GA (2022)
- Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs, Augusta, GA (2016)
- Personal Injury Litigation, Augusta, GA (2012)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers® in America 2023 for work in:
- Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
- Workers' Compensation Law - Claimants
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.