Recognized since 2010
West Palm Beach, Florida
Litigation - Banking and Finance
Litigation - Real Estate
Larry Rochefort is the chair of Akerman’s Litigation Practice Group, a leading team of trial lawyers advising companies in complex litigation and arbitration across the United States and Latin America. Larry is recognized for Bet-the-Company Litigation by The Best Lawyers in America and as a “Litigation Star” by Benchmark Litigation.
He represents financial institutions, developers, owners, contractors, insurers, and retailers in real estate, lending, and other disputes. He is particularly adept at working with financial institutions, whether defending against lender liability claims or handling complex litigation, including lender liability defense, class action defense, Fair Credit Reporting Act litigation, replevins, judgment collection matters, proceedings supplementary, Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) litigation, breach of trust and breach of fiduciary duty litigation.
Client relationships include TD Bank, Wells Fargo, PNC, United Community Bank, Fifth Third Bank, CenterState Bank, Comerica, Santander Bank, Sun Life Financial, Publix Super Markets, and Home Dynamics Corporation.
Contact & Links
- West Tower, Suite 1100
777 South Flager Drive
West Palm Beach, FL 33401
- Florida Atlantic University, BA, with high honors, graduated 1985
- Florida, The Florida Bar
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Bet-the-Company Litigation, West Palm Beach (2023)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers® in America 2023 for work in:
- Bet-the-Company Litigation
- Litigation - Banking and Finance
- Litigation - Real Estate
- Commercial Litigation
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV Rated
- Board Certified in Business Law Litigation, The Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization and Education
- University of Miami School of Law, Law Alumni Achievement Award, 2015
- Super Lawyers Magazine 2014-2016 Listed in Florida for Business Litigation, 2012-2014, Listed in Florida for Business Litigation and Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights
- Benchmark Litigation 2014-2016, Listed as a Florida local litigation star for General Commercial Litigation
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.