Lawrence P. Rochefort
Recognized in:Commercial LitigationLitigation - Banking and Finance...
Law School:University of Miami School of Law
Location:West Tower, Suite 1100777 South Flagler DriveWest Palm Beach, FL 33401
- University of Miami School of Law, JD, graduated 1988
- Florida Atlantic University, BA, with high honors, graduated 1985
- Florida, The Florida Bar
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America for work in:
- Commercial Litigation
- Litigation - Banking and Finance
- Litigation - Real Estate
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV Rated
- Board Certified in Business Law Litigation, The Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization and Education
- University of Miami School of Law, Law Alumni Achievement Award, 2015
- Super Lawyers Magazine 2014-2016 Listed in Florida for Business Litigation, 2012-2014, Listed in Florida for Business Litigation and Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights
- Benchmark Litigation 2014-2016, Listed as a Florida local litigation star for General Commercial Litigation
- Litigation Management in a New York Minute, Speaker, "Ethics: Business Ethics vs. Legal Ethics," August 5, 2016
- Aspatore (Thomson Reuters), Co-Author, "Real Estate Litigation Strategies: Leading Lawyers on Navigating the Discovery Process, Building a Case, and Responding to Current Developments (Inside the Minds)," 2012
- 17 National Law Journal, B5, No. 32, Co-Author, "Fear of Aids Lawsuits"
- 4 University of Miami Entertainment and Sports Law Review, 257, No. 2, Author, "A Course of Action for Florida Courts to Follow When Injured Sports Participants Assert Causes of Action"
- 12 The Banking Law Journal, 534, No. 6, Consultant, "Government Forfeiture of Collateral: Mortgages and the Innocent Lien Holder Defense"
Specific Client Experience
- Woodfield Country Club - Represented developer at trial in a claim brought by homeowner concerning sales office.
- Chicago Title Insurance Company/Ticor Title - Represented insured in multi-million dollar policy claim.
- Peninsula Bank - Represented bank in multi-million dollar lender liability case.
- Publix Supermarkets, Inc. - Represented client in various business disputes.
- EE&G - Represented client in numerous lien foreclosures for work arising out of 2004 hurricane season.
- Regions Bank - Represented client in secured property litigation.
- Wachovia Bank and Wells Fargo - Represented client in large commercial foreclosures and workouts.
- Home Dynamics Corporation - Represented client in many contract disputes, including contract and mortgage disputes, and ILSA claims.
- Sovereign Bank - Represented client in foreclosure of income producing commercial property and in lender liability claims.
- Fifth Third Bank - Represented client in numerous contested commercial foreclosures and lender liability claims.
- TD Bank - Represented client in numerous foreclosures and collection actions and lender liability claims.
- Sun Life Assurance Company - Represented client in commercial property foreclosures involving receivership issues.
Leasing/Land Use Litigation
- Publix Supermarkets, Inc. - Represented client in various real estate litigation matters concerning leased or owned property.
- Bass Pro Outdoor World - Represented client in landlord tenant matter.
- Tommy Bahama West Palm - Represented client in leasehold dispute.
- Represented numerous property owners in restrictive covenant cases.
- Represented numerous property owners in landlord tenant disputes.
Foreclosure and Receivership Litigation/Workouts and Restructuring/Lender Litigation
- Substantial experience in litigating mortgage foreclosures and accompanying receiverships in a variety of state courts throughout Florida.
- Handled real estate litigation involving golf courses, shopping centers, hotels, office buildings, agricultural land, residential and business condominium projects, apartment complexes, and residential developments.
- Handled CMBS foreclosures and receiverships, some including bad boy guaranty claims, and works with special servicers in such foreclosures.
- Involved in a variety of distressed loan purchases and sales, foreclosure judgment purchases and sales, and foreclosure bid assignments.
- Represent numerous financial institutions in the negotiation and enforcement of workouts, forbearance agreements, soft notes, and short sales.
- Handled reforeclosures.
- Represent financial institutions in various types of non-foreclosure litigation, including replevins, judgment collection matters, proceedings supplementary, lender liability defense, class action defense, Fair Credit Reporting Act litigation, Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) litigation, breach of trust and breach of fiduciary duty litigation.
601 West Fifth Street, Suite 300
Los Angeles, CA 90071
1900 Sixteenth Street, Suite 1700
Denver, CO 80202
District of Columbia
District of Columbia
750 Ninth Street, NW, Suite 750
Washington, DC 20001
1875 NW Corporate Boulevard, Suite 275
Boca Raton, FL 33431
350 East Las Olas Boulevard, Suite 1600
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
50 North Laura Street, Suite 3100
Jacksonville, FL 32202
9128 Strada Place, Suite 10205
Naples, FL 34108
420 South Orange Avenue, Suite 1200
Orlando, FL 32801
251 Royal Palm Way, Suite 215
Palm Beach, FL 33480
106 East College Avenue, 12th Floor
Tallahassee, FL 32301
401 East Jackson Street, Suite 1700
Tampa, FL 33602
West Tower, Suite 1100
777 South Flagler Drive
West Palm Beach, FL 33401
71 South Wacker Drive, 46th Floor
Chicago, IL 60606
Pan-American Life Center, Suite 2200
601 Poydras Street
New Orleans, LA 70130
1160 Town Center Drive, Suite 330
Las Vegas, NV 89144
666 Fifth Avenue, 20th Floor
New York, NY 10103
700 Lavaca Street, Suite 1400
Austin, TX 78701
2001 Ross Avenue, Suite 3600
Dallas, TX 75201
1300 Post Oak Boulevard, Suite 2500
Houston, TX 77056
Weston Centre, Suite 2750
112 East Pecan Street
San Antonio, TX 78205
170 South Main Street, Suite 950
Salt Lake City, UT 84101
One South Pinckney Street, Suite 700
Madison, WI 53703