Recognized since 2007
Litigation - Municipal
A Wisconsin practitioner since 1977 and a shareholder in Murphy Desmond S.C., Mr. Bechler's practice emphasizes municipal, probate and property tax law. Mr. Bechler currently serves as co-chair of the firm's Municipal Law Practice Group.
He has substantial experience in representing both municipal governments and citizens in their relationship with governments in such areas as land use, subdivision, zoning, property tax and economic development law.
Mr. Bechler has a solid background in all aspects of estate planning and probate, as well as real estate development. In addition, he has considerable experience in civil and appellate litigation.
Mr. Bechler is recognized as a Wisconsin Super Lawyer, one of the Top 50 Wisconsin Super Lawyers, one of the Top 25 Madison Super Lawyers, one of the Best Lawyers in America as well as in Who's Who in American Law and Who's Who in America.
Contact & Links
- 33 East Main Street, Suite 500
P.O. Box 2038
Madison, WI 53703
- University of Wisconsin–Madison , J.D., graduated 1977
- The Ohio State University, MA, graduated 1974
- The Ohio State University, BA, graduated 1972
- Wisconsin, State Bar of Wisconsin
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Litigation - Municipal, Madison (2022)
- Municipal Law, Madison (2019)
- Litigation - Municipal, Madison (2018)
- Municipal Law, Madison (2017)
- Litigation - Municipal, Madison (2016)
- Municipal Law, Madison (2012)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Litigation - Municipal
- Municipal Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.