Lawrence D. Silverman
Recognized in:Antitrust LawBet-the-Company Litigation...
Location:Three Brickell City Centre, Suite 110098 Southeast Seventh StreetMiami, FL 33131
- Florida, The Florida Bar
- New York, The New York State Bar
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- American Bar Association - Antitrust Section, Past Council Member, 1995-1997
- The Florida Bar - Antitrust Legislative Amendment Committee, Past Chair, 1996-1998
- The Florida Bar - Business Law Section, Executive Council, 1996-Present; CLE Committee, Past Chair, 2000-2003; Antitrust, Franchise, and Trade Regulation Committee, Past Chair, 1998-2000
- The Florida Bar, CLE Committee - Past Member, 2001-2003
- The Florida Bar, Journal Editorial Board - Past Member, 2000-2003
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers for:
- Antitrust Law, Miami (2018)
- Litigation - Antitrust, Miami (2017)
- Antitrust Law, Miami (2013)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America for work in:
- Antitrust Law
- Bet-the-Company Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Litigation - Antitrust
- Litigation - Banking and Finance
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV rated
- Lawdragon, Listed as a "3000 Leading Lawyer in America"
- Global Competition Review, Listed in Leading Competition Attorneys
- South Florida Legal Guide, Listed as a Top Lawyer in South Florida
- Who's Who Legal, Listed for Antitrust
- Dade County Bar Association 2001 and 2005, Put Something Back Pro Bono Award
- Dade County Bar Association 2006, Richard C. Milstein Excellence Award
- The Florida Bar 2007, President's Pro Bono Service Award
- Florida Trend's Legal Elite 2013-2015, Listed for Commercial Litigation
- Miami Daily Business Review 2008, Most Effective Lawyers Award; 2007 and 2009, Runner-up for Most Effective Lawyers Award
- Super Lawyers Magazine 2010, Listed in Florida as a "Top 100 Lawyer"
- Florida Trend's Legal Elite 2010, Listed for Antitrust & Trade Regulation
- Chambers USA 2011-2016, Ranked in Florida for Antitrust
- Super Lawyers Magazine 2006-2016, Listed in Florida for Antitrust Litigation and Class Action/Mass Torts
- South Florida Legal Guide Top Lawyers 2012-2013, Listed for Antitrust and Trade Regulation and Commercial Litigation, 2014-2015 Listed for Antitrust, Corporate and Business Litigation
- Board Certified in Antitrust and Trade Regulation Law, The Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization and Education
- Akerman's Guide to Doing Business in Florida: A Legal Guide for Out-of-State and Foreign Businesses, Author, "Antitrust Trade Regulations," 2013 and 2016
- The Florida Bar, "Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices Act"
- The Florida Bar, "Litigating the Covenant Not-to-Compete"
- Medical Business, Vol. 7, Co-author, "PHO's and Antitrust - Safety Zone Tips for PHO Structures and Operations"
- Defended a series of antitrust prosecutions brought by the State of Florida against a large independent chain of gas stations.
- Represented Budget Rent-A-Car in a national class action concerning cost recovery fee surcharges. Berry v. Budget Rent A Car Systems Inc., -F. Supp.2d-, 2007 WL 2050994 (S.D.Fla. 2007)
- Representation of an equipment rental company, Sunbelt Rentals, in a nationwide class action challenging loss damage waiver and environmental fee charges.
- Represented several companies in parallel civil/criminal proceedings which included handling numerous Federal and State antitrust investigations, premerger notifications, including second requests and EU/FTC parallel filings.
- Represented a large tour company in a Florida state antitrust lawsuit.
- Representation of a CEO in a class action bench trial brought under the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA).
- Tried a Florida Deceptive and Unfair Practices Act ("FDUTPA") class action to a defense jury verdict. Represented a Florida internet reseller who was sued in a class action (with over 12,000 class members) by the Florida Attorney General's Office.
- Represented baby products manufacturer, Evenflo, in a patent infringement case.
- Represented Boca Raton Resort and Club in class action concerning daily service charges.
- Acted as lead liaison counsel for the "CCA" pressure-treated wood industry in a national class action concerning the safety of the product. Jacobs v. Osmose, 213 F.R.D.607 (S.D. Fla. 2003)
- Represented Micro Molds in a patent infringement jury trial in Miami, Florida. Novo Industries, L.P. v. Micro Molds Corp., 239 F.Supp.2d 1282(S.D. Fla. 2002); 350 F.3d 1348 (Fed.Cir. 2003)
- Represented a large electronics manufacturer in a national two million member class action.
- Represented a Key West real estate developer in a bench trial for a breach of an alleged $75 million oral partnership.
601 West Fifth Street, Suite 300
Los Angeles, CA 90071
1900 Sixteenth Street, Suite 1700
Denver, CO 80202
District of Columbia
District of Columbia
750 Ninth Street, NW, Suite 750
Washington, DC 20001
1875 NW Corporate Boulevard, Suite 275
Boca Raton, FL 33431
350 East Las Olas Boulevard, Suite 1600
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
50 North Laura Street, Suite 3100
Jacksonville, FL 32202
9128 Strada Place, Suite 10205
Naples, FL 34108
420 South Orange Avenue, Suite 1200
Orlando, FL 32801
106 East College Avenue, 12th Floor
Tallahassee, FL 32301
401 East Jackson Street, Suite 1700
Tampa, FL 33602
West Tower, Suite 1100
777 South Flagler Drive
West Palm Beach, FL 33401
71 South Wacker Drive, 47th Floor
Chicago, IL 60606
601 Poydras Street, Suite 2200
New Orleans, LA 70130
1635 Village Center Circle, Suite 200
Las Vegas, NV 89134
666 Fifth Avenue, 20th Floor
New York, NY 10103
500 West Second Street, Suite 1900
Austin, TX 78701
2001 Ross Avenue, Suite 3600
Dallas, TX 75201
1300 Post Oak Boulevard, Suite 2500
Houston, TX 77056
112 East Pecan Street, Suite 2750
San Antonio, TX 78205
170 South Main Street, Suite 725
Salt Lake City, UT 84101
One South Pinckney Street, Suite 700
Madison, WI 53703