Laurie Sanderson is a partner in the Ottawa office of Gowling WLG. With more than 25 years of experience, Laurie is a recognized expert in the area of commercial leasing. She represents a wide variety of both private and public sector landlords and tenants.
Laurie has extensive experience in both P3 and the design build process, in addition to the unique requirements of Crown corporations. She is also well positioned to give strategic advice in insolvency proceedings.
Laurie takes a practical, results-oriented approach to all matters. Her clients can count on a level of service that is matched only by her expertise. She is passionate about her work and committed to delivering strategic results. She is a trusted adviser to her clients on issues unique to commercial leasing, including:
- Cost recovery and realty tax allocations and reporting obligations.
- The appropriate selection and application of measurement standards to achieve financial objectives.
- Best practices for securing covenants given the unique treatment of commercial leases in bankruptcy.
- Risk allocation and insurance matters.
- Repair and restoration obligations.
- Environmental due diligence both before and at the conclusion of the term of the lease.
- Operating covenants and radius restrictions.
Laurie is consistently recognized for her real estate expertise in Chambers Global, The Best Lawyers in Canada and Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory.