Recognized since 2021
Litigation - Municipal
Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Defendants
Medical Malpractice Law - Defendants
Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants
Product Liability Litigation - Defendants
Laurie McLeRoy is a Shareholder in the Litigation and Risk Management Practice Group. She focuses her civil litigation practice in the areas of insurance litigation (including bad faith), medical malpractice, nursing home, municipal, transportation, premises, and products liability. In products liability defense matters, Laurie has particular expertise in asbestos litigation. In addition to her trial experience in Wisconsin, where she has successfully argued in front of the Wisconsin Supreme Court on medical malpractice, election law and insurance coverage issues, she is a member of a national asbestos trial team where she helps a Fortune 100 international retail company maintain its goal to ward off lawsuits by continued success in defense of claims in trial outside the State of Wisconsin. She is also a skilled appellate advocate handling all aspects of appeals from successful Petitions for Review, to briefs and oral arguments before the Wisconsin Supreme Court.
Laurie has been involved in a wide range of issues on behalf of clients including products liability, professional liability, property damage, discrimination, breaches of contract, insurance coverage, environmental clean-up, commercial disputes and election disputes. She has handled claims arising out of home, auto, CGL, professional liability, and municipal insurance policies including not only third party claims, but first party property damage (vandalism, flooding, and fire) and UM/UIM claims. Laurie’s style is to concentrate on understanding the goals of the client in order to formulate a strategy for accomplishing the client’s objectives. She has experience coordinating joint defense agreements among multiple defendants to enable and procure winning strategies while conserving costs for the multiple defendants involved in the cases.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lawyer Page: https://www.vonbriesen.com/people/laurie-j-mcleroy
- 411 East Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 1000
Milwaukee, WI 53202-4427
- Marquette University, J.D., graduated 1987
- Wheaton College, B.A., graduated 1982
- Wisconsin, State Bar of Wisconsin
- Defense Research Institute - Member
- Milwaukee Bar Association - Member
- State Bar of Wisconsin - Litigation and Appellate Sections
- Wisconsin Defense Counsel - Member
- U.S. District Court, Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit and 5th Circuit
- U.S. District for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania - Multi-District Litigation for Asbestos
- Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Defendants, Milwaukee (2023)
- Appellate Practice
- Litigation - Municipal
- Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Defendants
- Medical Malpractice Law - Defendants
- Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants
- Product Liability Litigation - Defendants
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.