Laurence M. "Larry" Goodman
Recognized since 2018
Litigation - Labor and Employment
A partner with Willig, Williams & Davidson, Laurence Goodman focuses his practice on labor and employment law matters. He counsels and represents unions and individuals regarding a wide range of issues including grievance and other arbitration, collective bargaining, wrongful termination, disputes arising from state and federal laws and appearances before boards, agencies and commissions.
Laurence is an experienced practitioner who routinely advocates for clients in state and federal courts and before state and national administrative tribunals. In a significant case, he represented a union in a labor arbitration defending the union’s ground-breaking contract provisions protecting employee job security with a major Philadelphia-area employer, and then successfully defended the arbitrator’s award in federal court, resulting in the preservation of thousands of jobs. Laurence also takes particular pride in representing workers who have been unjustly terminated, often securing reinstatement of their jobs. He also finds great satisfaction in sharing his knowledge with union clients by presenting educational workshops to ensure they have the knowledge and skills they need to stand up for their rights.
Laurence is a 1988 graduate of New York University School of Law, where he served as staff editor of the New York University Law Review. He earned his undergraduate degree from Cornell University’s School of Industrial and Labor Relations. Prior to entering law school, Laurence worked as a Field Examiner for the National Labor Relations Board.
- Lawyer Page: https://www.wwdlaw.com/attorney/9/laurence-m-goodman
- 1845 Walnut Street, 24th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- New York University, J.D., graduated 1988
- Cornell University, B.S., graduated 1983
- American Bar Association - Member
- Philadelphia Bar Association - Member
- New Jersey Supreme Court
- New York State Court of Appeals
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court of New Jersey
14 The Best Lawyers in America® awards
- Litigation - Labor and Employment
- Labor Law - Union
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.