Recognized since 2013
Banking and Finance Law
Laura Peck, a partner at Wisconsin law firm Axley Brynelson, LLP, focuses her practice on commercial lending, real estate transactions, non-profit organizations and general business matters. Her clients are small and large banks, for-profit and non-profit corporations, insurance companies and small businesses. All benefit from her specialized expertise in complex financial transactions and real estate.
Ms. Peck has worked in the world of finance for more than 20 years. Her experience as in-house counsel at several large and mid-sized institutions gives her a unique ability to understand and respond to her clients’ needs and concerns.
Ms. Peck’s approach to her work is simple: get to know the client and the client’s projects, and serve as part of a team of trusted advisors. That means walking construction sites, touring manufacturing facilities, attending board meetings and building relationships with the many professionals involved in bringing a project to life.
Because she has worked for many years in finance, insurance and real estate, Ms. Peck is accustomed to helping her clients through both the upswings and the downturns. Ms. Peck specializes in finance, real estate and business transactions, including commercial lending; portfolio and securitized commercial mortgage finance; construction finance; loan servicing; the acquisition, financing, leasing, management and disposition of real estate assets; and the workout and resolution of distressed debt. In down markets, she works on foreclosures and short sales, and helps clients who are dealing with suppression of values. When the market is strong, Ms. Peck is busy with a multitude of business finance and real estate transactions. As the economy improves, Ms. Peck is seeing more government-backed finance deals, more new construction and new life for projects that had gotten stuck.
Ms. Peck was a Women in the Law 2014 honoree, recognized by the Wisconsin Law Journal for her excellence in the legal field, as well as her commitment to creating opportunities for women to succeed within the profession. Peck ranks among the top, most influential female attorneys in the state whose accomplishments and initiatives have not only encouraged women to pursue legal careers, but have allowed them to enter into various types of jobs historically closed off to women.
- Two East Mifflin Street, Suite 200
P.O. Box 1767
Madison, WI 53701-1767
- University of Connecticut, BA
- Connecticut, Connecticut Bar Association
- Wisconsin, State Bar of Wisconsin
- Connecticut Bar Association - Member
- Dane County Bar Association - Member
- Madison Rotary Foundation - Former Trustee and President
- Maple Bluff Plan Commission - Member
- Rotary Club of Madison/Downtown Rotary - Former Board Member
- State Bar of Wisconsin - Member
- Wisconsin Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW) - Founding Member / Former Board Member
- Wisconsin REALTORS Association, Real Estate Forms Committee - Member
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Banking and Finance Law, Madison (2022)
- Banking and Finance Law, Madison (2017)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Banking and Finance Law
- Women in the Law 2014 honoree by Wisconsin Law Journal
- Named a top Banking and Finance Law attorney by The Best Lawyers In America©
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.