Laura E. Besvinick
Recognized in:Appellate PracticeCommercial Litigation...
Location:200 South Biscayne Boulevard, Suite 3100Miami, FL 33131-5323
- Florida, Florida Bar
- Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law - Board Member
- Miami City Ballet - Board of Directors
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America for work in:
- Appellate Practice
- Commercial Litigation
- Litigation - Intellectual Property
- Litigation - Securities
- Professional Malpractice Law - Defendants
- Florida Super Lawyers
- South Florida Legal Guide
- The Legal 500 United States
- Florida Trend Legal Elite
Areas of Expertise:
- Business Disputes
- Civil Litigation
- Complex Litigation
- First Amendment
- Large Case Litigation
- Obtained defense award in favor of international telecommunications manufacturer where alleged damages exceeded $200 million following multi-week arbitration trial.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of insurer in an insurance coverage dispute involving the unauthorized settlement of an environmental mass tort action valued at $200 million. The insurer was held to have no liability for the settlement. Ms. Besvinick also represented the insurer on appeal and obtained an affirmance of the judgment.
- Obtained dismissal with prejudice of bad faith action against insurer for alleged breach of duty to defend.
- Obtained dismissal with prejudice of putative class action against insurer for alleged failure to properly pay hurricane claims.
- Obtained voluntary dismissal of all claims against a Big Four accounting firm in international audit malpractice action arising from failure of a foreign bank.
- Obtained dismissal of international federal Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO) action against offshore bank and sustained dismissal on appeal.
U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
Supreme Court of Florida
U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
U.S. Supreme Court
2029 Century Park East
Los Angeles, CA 90067-3086
District of Columbia
District of Columbia
1875 K Street, NW
Washington, DC 20006-1253
200 South Biscayne Boulevard, Suite 3100
Miami, FL 33131-5323