Recognized since 2020
Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law
Mergers and Acquisitions Law
Justin Burney focuses his practice on the areas of mergers, acquisitions, reorganizations, securities offerings, and other transactions, in addition to serving as outside corporate counsel to various clients, providing advice on corporate governance matters, compensation arrangements, regulatory issues, and contractual relationships. He has worked with clients of all sizes across a broad range of industries, including government contractors, healthcare providers, life sciences and technology companies, real estate developers, various franchised businesses, cooperatives, private equity firms and their portfolio companies, and venture capital firms. His transactional experience includes numerous stock and asset acquisitions and dispositions, mergers, and complex joint venture transactions, including transactions involving rollover equity and other non-cash consideration. He routinely counsels clients on organizational and operational issues, such as legal entity selection, preparing and reviewing employment agreements, implementing equity incentive plans and similar incentive arrangements, conducting equity and debt offerings, and advising on contractual matters and other issues.
Justin frequently represents government contracting companies in negotiating and preparing subcontracts, teaming agreements and joint venture documents, qualifying for socio-economic programs, and interpreting the Federal Acquisition Regulation and Small Business Association regulations.
Justin also utilizes his extensive knowledge of corporate and health-related issues to guide healthcare and dental providers on regulatory compliance matters in the areas of health information privacy and compensation.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.bradley.com/people/b/burney-l-justin
- 200 Clinton Avenue West, Suite 900
Huntsville, AL 35801-4900
- The University of Alabama , J.D., graduated 2008
- The University of Alabama, M.S., graduated 2005
- The University of Alabama, B.S., graduated 2004
- Riley Behavioral & Educational Center - Board of Directors
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law, Huntsville (2023)
- Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Huntsville (2023)
- Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Huntsville (2021)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law
- Corporate Law
- Mergers and Acquisitions Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.