Recognized since 2016
Admiralty and Maritime Law
Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Plaintiffs
Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
Product Liability Litigation - Plaintiffs
Kurt Arnold is a relentless advocate for his clients, having obtained billions of dollars in verdicts and settlements. One of the nation’s most accomplished trial lawyers, Kurt prepares every case for trial. Of course, many cases resolve before trial, but defendants and insurance companies only pay the largest settlements when he gives them no alternative.
Kurt finds helping individuals defeat companies that have continuously denied his clients justice to be one of the most rewarding parts of his job. His dedication to his clients has resulted in multiple, nationwide product recalls, hundreds of verdicts and settlements exceeding $1 million, dozens of verdicts and settlements exceeding $10 million, and numerous record-setting 9-figure verdicts and settlements. In recognition for Kurt’s $44 million jury verdict involving a crane collapse, The National Law Journal named Arnold & Itkin to its Top 50 Elite Trial Lawyers List.
Kurt has also been honored by The Best Lawyers in America for his extraordinary work in Admiralty and Maritime Law. After the tragedy of the Deepwater Horizon, an explosion that killed 11 workers and injured dozens more, Kurt represented 27 men and women—more Deepwater Horizon workers than any other lawyer in the country. Through hard work and dedication, Kurt obtained unprecedented settlements on their behalves, ensuring that they would be financially supported for the rest of their lives. From the Deepwater Horizon to the El Faro tragedy, Kurt has been a leader in obtaining justice for his clients in nearly every major maritime and offshore accident. Understanding the unique complexities involved in these cases, Kurt has successfully won hundreds of millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements for maritime and oil rig clients in the past few years alone.
The Leader in Catastrophic Personal Injury Litigation
Kurt has won larger settlements and verdicts for his clients than any other lawyer his age in the country. In addition to his record-setting verdicts, Kurt has recovered billions of dollars in verdicts and settlements in the last few years alone. He has taken on the largest, most complex plant explosions, land rig accidents, and work site accidents in the nation and routinely secured dozens of verdicts and settlements in excess $10 million. Kurt has also fought for countless individuals and families who have suffered injuries due to pharmaceutical and drug companies putting profits over people. He has also held trucking companies accountable for the tragic accidents that they have caused by putting reckless drivers on the road. In fact, his perseverance before a jury and reputation as a skillful and innovative negotiator have led hundreds of law firms across the United States to ask Kurt to try their cases.
Kurt has built his reputation on results and takes pride in his commitment to justice for his clients. He is proud of the team he has built at Arnold & Itkin and their focus on obtaining unprecedented results while helping clients put their lives back on track after catastrophic incidents.
- 6009 Memorial Drive
Houston, TX 77007
- The University of Texas, J.D., graduated 2002
- Texas, State Bar of Texas
- Pennsylvania, State Bar of Pennsylvania
- Admiralty and Maritime Law
- Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Plaintiffs
- Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
- Product Liability Litigation - Plaintiffs
- Best Lawyers in America, Admiralty and Maritime Law, 2016-2017
- Texas Super Lawyers, 2013-2016, by Thomson Reuters
- Named Among 50 Elite Trial Lawyers, NLJ and ALM
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers, by the National Trial Lawyers Association
- Member of Million Dollar & Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Texas Rising Stars by Super Lawyers/Thomson Reuters, 2005-2006, 2009-2013
- 40 Under 40 by the Houston Business Journal, 2011
- Top Lawyers for the People, by H Texas Magazine, 2005
- Founding Member of the Nation's Top 100 Attorneys by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel
- Top 40 Under 40 by the National Trial Lawyers Association
- Personal Injury Litigation
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.