Kirk S. Davis
Recognized since 1997
Health Care Law
Litigation - Health Care
Medical Malpractice Law - Defendants
Kirk Davis is the chair of the Healthcare Practice Group, a multidisciplinary team recognized nationally for representing sector participants in regulatory compliance, insurance, and transactional issues. An accomplished litigator, Kirk represents hospitals and health systems in complex regulatory compliance issues and disputes with a focus on medical malpractice and peer review hearings.
Kirk has decades of experience in the peer review process and has been involved in all aspects of hearings, from prosecuting physicians to defending medical staff and serving as a hearing officer. He helps hospitals comply with federal and state laws by recommending peer review best practices and procedures. In addition to his work on medical malpractice matters, Kirk handles disputes between physicians in private practices and effectively resolves contentious medical practice dissolution through alternative dispute resolution.
Kirk has served as an arbitrator in various healthcare-related matters and is a sought after speaker on health law topics. He is Board Certified in Health Law by The Florida Bar and recognized by Chambers USA as a leading lawyer in healthcare.
Contact & Links
- Direct Phone Number: 813-223-7333
- Phone Number: 813-223-7333
- Lawyer Page: https://www.akerman.com/en/people/kirk-davis.html
- 401 East Jackson Street, Suite 1700
Tampa, FL 33602
- Stetson University, BS, graduated 1979
- Florida, The Florida Bar
- American Health Lawyers Association - Member
- Clearwater Bar Association, Medical-Legal Liaison Committee - Past Chair 1993-1994
- Florida Academy of Healthcare Attorneys - Past President, November 2004- November 2006; Board Member, 1996-2013
- St. Petersburg Bar Association, Medical-Legal Liaison Committee - Past Chair, 1990-1991
- The Florida Bar, Health Law Certification Committee - Past Member, 1994-2003, Past Chair, 1998-1999, Past Vice-Chair, 1996-1997, 2000-2001; Health Law Section, Past Chair, 1992-1993; Executive Committee, Past Member, 1989-1993, Past Treasurer, 1989, Past Secretary, 1990; Continuing Legal Education Committee,
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
210 The Best Lawyers in America® awards
77 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America awards
Recognized in The Best Lawyers® in America 2023 for work in:
- Health Care Law
- Litigation - Health Care
- Medical Malpractice Law - Defendants
- Hospital Malpractice
- Florida Medical Business 2001, Recognized as Best Healthcare Attorney in Tampa
- Certified Mediator, Florida Supreme Court, 1993-2003
- Florida Trend's Legal Elite 2005-2006, 2010-2012, Listed for Healthcare
- Super Lawyers Magazine 2006-2010, 2012-2016 Listed in Florida for Health Care and Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Defense
- Chambers USA 2005-2016, Ranked in Florida for Healthcare
- Board Certified in Health Law, The Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization and Education, 1995-present
Additional Areas of Practice:
- Medical Malpractice Law
- Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.