Recognized since 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
Kim is a partner with Harper Grey, Chair of our Health Law Group, and an elected member of our Practice Management Committee.
At the beginning of her career, Kim represented the College of Physicians and Surgeons of B.C. and had a general litigation practice.
She currently maintains a busy broad based practice. Her civil litigation practice includes professional liability, general insurance and major property loss disputes as well as a small percentage of plaintiff’s personal injury work. Her administrative law practice includes regulatory work for a variety of professions.
Kim has developed niche expertise in the emerging field of MAiD (medical assistance in dying).
In addition to her legal practice, Kim has an active mediation practice. Through her work and training, Kim has a deep understanding of and key insights into the realm of mediation in civil litigation and in the context of workplace disputes. She is a Roster member with Mediate BC. Kim was an early adopter of virtual mediation and continues to effectively mediate through this forum.
Kim has more than 20 years of conflict resolution experience which is outlined more fully under the “Experience” tab above.
Born and raised in Alberta, Kim now lives in the Lower Mainland with her family. She is an accomplished athlete. She enjoys road biking, has completed two marathons and has dabbled a bit in the world of triathlons. Her athletic pursuits have allowed her to bring a strong sense of discipline and focus to her conflict resolution practice.
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Direct Phone Number: 604-895-2817
- Phone Number: 604-687-0411
- Lawyer Page: https://www.harpergrey.com/lawyer/kimberly-jakeman/
- 650 West Georgia Street, Suite 3200
Vancouver, BC V6B 4P7
- University of British Columbia, LL. B., graduated 1989
- British Columbia, Appointed King’s Counsel, 2021
- British Columbia, 1990
- Washington, Past Member
- African Canadian Continuing Education Society (ACCES) - Past Board Member
- British Columbia College of Naturopaths - Past Board Member
- Canadian Bar Association - Chair, End of Life Working Group
- Canadian Bar Association - Mentor
- Canadian Bar Association - BC Branch, Health Law Subsection - Past Vice-Chair
- Canadian Bar Association - BC Branch, Health Law, Administrative Law and Civil Litigation Subsections - Member
- Canadian Bar Association National Health Law Summit - Co-Chair, 2009 and 2011
- Canadian Bar Association Planning Committee National Health Law Summit - Member, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2015 and 2017
- Canadian Bar Association, National Health Law Subsection - Officer and Executive Member, since 2007
- Canadian Medical Protective Association Symposia - Speaker
- Defence Research Institute - Member
- Dying with Dignity Canada - Member, Legal Advisory Committee, standing committee of the Board of Directors
- Frequent lecturer on topics pertaining to professional negligence - Lecturer
- Medical Legal Society of British Columbia - Member
- Quickscribe Services Ltd. - Health Law Annotation Contributor
- University of British Columbia - Moot Court Judge
- Various publications on health law topics and the issue of conflicts - Author
- Washington State Bar Association - Member (non-practicing)
- WOWRide (Women on Wheels) Cycling Club - Board Member
- Medical Negligence, Vancouver, Canada (2023)
- Medical Negligence
- Recognized by Best Lawyers® in Canada 2016 and 2017 as a leading lawyer in the area of Medical Negligence
- Rated "Repeatedly Recommended" in the area of Medical Negligence (Represents Defendants) by the Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory 2014, 2015, 2016
- Recognized as a “Local Litigation Star” in British Columbia by Benchmark Canada 2014, 2015, 2016
- Recognized as a “Future Star” in British Columbia in the area of Medical Malpractice by Benchmark Canada 2013
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.