Bartley Cohen Litigation Lawyers
Recognized since 2009
Alternative Dispute Resolution
Natural Resources Law
Khory is a highly experienced litigator, negotiator and strategist with over 30 year’s experience. He provides wide-ranging issues management and conflict advice to corporate and government decision makers at the highest levels.
Khory has advised clients across a multitude of industries including energy, resources, finance, building and construction, government, health and education.
He advises clients on commercial and industrial disputes and disruptions, strategic risk and issue management, mediation and arbitration. Khory has been involved in numerous landmark court cases, and his experience and ability to provide strategic, innovative and commercial solutions is highly sought after by clients.
Khory is listed in Band 1 for Dispute Resolution: Arbitration in Chambers and Partners Global and Asia-Pacific 2017, and is noted for his handling of arbitration and arbitration-related litigation in commodities, infrastructure and energy and resources spheres. One interviewee notes that he is "very capable in developing a strategy and its application and I'm very comfortable relying on his expertise.
He also holds numerous roles within key arbitration and dispute resolution bodies being the Deputy Chair of the Singapore International Dispute Resolution Academy and Vice President of the Australian Centre for International Commercial Arbitration. He also currently represents Australia in UNCITRAL Working Group II: Arbitration and Conciliation, which is working on the possibility of a model law and or convention on the recognition and enforcement of conciliated settlements.
Khory is a grade 1 accredited and certified International mediator.
He is a Professor of Strategic Law at Griffith University.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: http://www.bartleylaw.com/khory-mccormick
- Level 20, 123 Eagle Street
Brisbane QLD 4000
- Australia, Australian Bar Association
- National Alternative Dispute Resolution Advisory Council (NADRAC) - Court Accredited Mediator
- Allgas Limited 1998 – 2004 - Director
- American Bar Association - Inaugural co-chair and executive member of the Information Exchange Sub Committee of the International Committee for Dispute Resolution Division
- AON, prominent insurance industry player - Advisory Board Member
- Australian Centre for International Commercial Arbitration (ACICA) - Vice President
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb) - Fellow
- Energex Limited 1997 – 2004 - Director
- Energex Limited June 2004 – 2006 - Chairman
- Energex Retail Pty Ltd 1999 - 2006 - Director
- Green Cross Australia 2009 – 2010 - Chairman
- Griffith University - Adjunct Professor
- Institute of Arbitrators & Mediators Australia (IAMA) - Chair, Queensland Chapter
- International Chamber of Commerce Australia (ICC Australia) - Director
- Queensland Law Society Alternative Dispute Resolution Sub Committee - Chair
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- International Arbitration, Brisbane, Australia (2021)
- International Arbitration, Brisbane, Australia (2016)
- Government Practice, Brisbane, Australia (2011)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in Australia™ 2023 for work in:
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Bet-the-Company Litigation
- Government Practice
- International Arbitration
- Natural Resources Law
- Doctor of University (D Univ) (Griffith)
- Bachelor of Arts (Queensland, 1977)
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours) (Queensland, 1978)
- Master of Laws (Queensland, 1984)
- IBA Global Who's Who of International Commercial Mediation in 2011, 2012
- Chambers International – Leading Lawyer 2012-2013
- Chambers Asia – 2012 (Dispute Resolution)
- Chambers Global 2009, 2011 and 2012 leading individual in the area of Dispute Resolution
- Best Lawyers® International: Australia 2009, 2010 and 2011 (Government)
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.