Recognized since 2024
Litigation - Banking and Finance
Litigation - Insurance
Litigation - Real Estate
Kevin Trost has over 25 years of experience representing individuals, financial institutions, businesses, and insurers throughout the state and federal court systems. His legal expertise is in resolving disputes relating to real estate, construction, insurance, and banking.
Kevin has extensive experience handling disputes involving residential real estate. He frequently addresses claims that sellers of residential real estate failed to disclose defects during the transactions. In this context, he repeatedly represents and advises home buyers, sellers, contractors, and insurers regarding legal issues related to problems such as water damage, structural defects, and vermin infestations.
Attorney Trost is also well versed in civil litigation matters, especially those involving contracts, creditor’s rights, and the defense of claims under the FDCPA, FCRA, TCPA, and Wisconsin Consumer Act. He is also skilled at negotiating contracts for businesses, especially those operating in the financial services and construction industries.
Attorney Trost frequently addresses first and third party insurance matters. He has significant experience addressing products liability, contract, and toxic tort issues. He also represents insurers in first party property coverage matters involving fraud and arson.
While Kevin frequently counsels his clients to employ methods of modern alternative dispute resolution, he has served as first chair trial counsel for numerous lawsuits which have resulted in successful verdicts benefiting his clients. These trials have spanned from one day to multiple weeks and have covered a wide variety of legal issues, including liability for violations of federal banking statutes, product liability, bad faith insurance claims, and real estate.
Kevin is involved in the community through volunteer work for various associations including the State Bar of Wisconsin Attorney Hotline and serving on the board for the State Bar of Wisconsin Solo/Small Firm & General Practice Section. He also has shared his legal expertise through the publication of numerous articles for both lawyers and non-lawyers. Kevin has appeared on the Larry Meiller Show on Wisconsin Public Radio, Channel 3000 CBS News, and NBC 15 WMTV News to discuss and answer questions regarding bankruptcy and claims arising from the discovery of undisclosed defects in the sale of homes.
- 30 West Mifflin Street, Suite 1001
Madison, WI 53703
- Washington University in St. Louis, B.A., graduated 1995
- University of Wisconsin–Madison, J.D., graduated 1998
- Wisconsin, State Bar of Wisconsin, 1998
- Michigan, State Bar of Michigan, 2005
- State Bar of Wisconsin Lawyer Hotline - Volunteer
- American Collectors Association - Member
- Great Lakes Credit and Collection Association - Legislative Committee Member
- Great Lakes Credit and Collection Association - Member
- Dane County Bar Association - Member
- State Bar of Wisconsin - Board Member, Solo/Small Firm & General Practice Section
- The United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- Federal Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Michigan
- Federal Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin
- State Courts of Michigan
- State Courts of Wisconsin
- Litigation - Banking and Finance
- Litigation - Insurance
- Litigation - Real Estate
- Commercial Litigation
- Litigation - Construction
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.