Recognized since 2014
Corporate and Commercial Litigation
Intellectual Property Law
Kevin Sartorio is an intellectual property litigator in Gowling WLG's Toronto office. As a partner with the firm since 2007, Kevin’s expertise is extensive and covers all areas of IP contentious work, including patent, design, trademark, copyright and trade-secret litigation, as well as opposition proceedings before Canada’s Trademark Opposition Board.
Kevin has appeared as counsel of record in numerous reported decisions of the Federal Court, Federal Court of Appeal, Ontario Court of Appeal and Supreme Court of Canada, including some of Canada’s most important trademark and copyright decisions: (e.g.CCH Canadian Ltd v Law Society of Upper Canada  1 SCR 339; Veuve Clicquot Ponsardin v Boutiques Cliquot Ltée  1 SCR 824).
Kevin is a member of Gowling WLG's IP Litigation & Strategy and Trademarks, Brands & Designs groups. He chairs the retail sector of Gowling WLG's Manufacturing Group, and previously served as leader of the firm's copyright group.
Kevin is regularly ranked as a leading IP lawyer by some of the world’s foremost legal directories, including:
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory (IP Litigation)
- The Best Lawyers in Canada, 2014-2016
- World Trademark Review, 2014-2015
- Benchmark Canada: The Definitive Guide to Canada’s Leading Litigation Firms and Attorneys 2014
- Managing Intellectual Property: Trademarks and Copyright 2014 - recognized as an "IP star"
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://gowlingwlg.com/en/people/kevin-sartorio
- 1 First Canadian Place
100 King Street West, Suite 1600
Toronto, ON M5X 1G5
- The Law Society of Upper Canada
- Lawy Society of Ontario
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in Canada™ 2023 for work in:
- Corporate and Commercial Litigation
- Intellectual Property Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.