Recognized since 2007
Civil Rights Law
Employment Law - Management
Labor Law - Management
Litigation - Labor and Employment
Mr. Hamilton has worked closely with a wide variety of clients on employment-related issues, including Starbucks, Microsoft, Vulcan Inc., Experience Music Project, Eddie Bauer, The Boeing Company, Intellectual Ventures and Puget Energy, among others.
In addition, Mr. Hamilton has particular experience with election and political law, including recounts, election contests, redistricting, campaign finance issues, and the administration of elections. Mr. Hamilton has represented numerous candidates in statewide recounts, including Minnesota Governor Mark Dayton (2010), Minnesota Senator Al Franken (2008), Washington Governor Christine Gregoire (2004), and Washington Senator Maria Cantwell (2000). Mr. Hamilton represented both Senator Franken and Governor Gregoire as trial counsel in election contests in 2005 (Gregoire) and 2009 (Franken). Other election law clients have included Jay Inslee for Governor (2012), U.S. Senator Patty Murray (2004 and 2010), U.S. Senator Maria Cantwell (2000, 2006, 2012), Darcy Burner for Congress (2006 and 2008), Suzan DelBene (2010), Washington Families Standing Together (supporting Referendum 71, 2009), King County Executive Dow Constantine (2009), and various other federal, state and local candidates. Mr. Hamilton has been involved in redistricting litigation in Nevada, Minnesota, Texas, Ohio, Virginia, New York and Florida.
Contact & Links
- 1201 Third Avenue, Suite 4900
Seattle, WA 98101-3099
- University of Washington , BA
- Washington, Washington State Bar Association
- American Employment Law Council - Member
- American Law Institute (ALI), - Member
- Georgetown University Law Center Alumni Board - Member
- King County Redistricting Commission - Member
- Principles of Election Law; American Law Institute - Advisor
- United States Court of Appeals
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Civil Rights Law, Seattle (2020)
- Litigation - Labor and Employment, Seattle (2015)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Commercial Litigation
- Employment Law - Management
- Labor Law - Management
- Litigation - Labor and Employment
- Civil Rights Law
- Peer Review Rated AV in Martindale-Hubbell
- Listed in Seattle Metropolitan Magazine, "Best Lawyers"
- Listed in Corporate Counsel, "Labor & Employment Law," 2008
- Listed in Washington Law & Politics, “Washington's Super Lawyers," 2003 - 2013
- Listed in Chambers USA, “America’s Leading Labor and Employment Lawyers,” 2012 - 2014
- American College of Trial Lawyers, Fellow
Other Court Admissions
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Washington
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.