Recognized since 2021
Medical Malpractice Law - Plaintiffs
Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
Ken Watkins is an accomplished trial attorney and Senior Shareholder with Sommers Schwartz. Over the course of his career, he has obtained numerous multimillion-dollar settlements on behalf of the clients he’s been proud to represent. His achievements include one of the largest seven-digit medical malpractice cases in Macomb County in 2008, and his election to membership in the exclusive Million Dollar Verdict Club.
Outside of the practice, Ken is known for giving back to the community. He has spoken on multiple occasions at the Detroit Public Schools Career Days; serves on board of directors for Urban Solutions, Inc., an organization dedicated to providing scholarships to inner-city youths each year. Ken was a charter member and trustee for the Motor City Optimist Club, assisting area youth through community activities and organizational empowerment and previously served as co-president of the Brother Rice High School Dad’s Club and participated on its board of directors for three years.
Ken was recently elected to the Board of Trustees of the Oakland Schools Education Foundation, and also serves on the Board of Directors for Don Bosco Hall, a private non-profit agency that provides supportive human services to enhance the quality of life for youth and their families residing in the Metropolitan Detroit-Wayne County Community.
The Oakland Schools Education Foundation works to enhance and enrich learning opportunities for students in Oakland Schools and its constituent districts by building connections between business and education throughout Southeastern Michigan. Ken also gives back by allowing high school students, over summer break, to shadow aspects of the legal profession and exposes them to general and expected business practices.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.sommerspc.com/people/kenneth-t-watkins/
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- One Towne Square, Suite 1700
Southfield, MI 48076
- Detroit College of Law, Juris Doctor, cum laude
- Northwestern University, Bachelor of Science
- Michigan, State Bar of Michigan
- American Association for Justice - Michigan Minority Delegate Representative & State Delegate
- American Bar Association - Member
- Michigan Association for Justice - Executive Board Sustaining, Board of Directors
- National Bar Association - Former Special Assistant to the President, Former Member of Judicial Review & Selection Committee
- Wolverine Bar Association - Former President and Former Executive Board Member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Medical Malpractice Law - Plaintiffs
- Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
- Super Lawyers (Michigan) – 2010 to present
- Professional of the Year, Top 100 Registry – 2018Business Leaders & Professionals
- 10 Best Attorneys, American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys – 2017“Exceptional and Outstanding Client Service”
- Michigan Chronicle “Men of Excellence” – 2017
- DBusiness Magazine Top Lawyer – 2016
- Premier 100, American Academy of Trial Attorneys
- AVVO Top-Rated Lawyer
- Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America
- American Jurisprudence Awards – Equity and Commercial Transactions
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.