Kenneth G. "Ken" Turkel
Recognized since 2009
Ken Turkel is a third generation Tampa native, and a 1982 graduate of Jesuit High School. His practice is focused on the prosecution and defense of complex business and civil litigation matters, including intellectual property cases, as well as the representation of clients in the sports and entertainment industries.
During the course of his career Ken has tried numerous cases in state and federal court, representing clients in numerous industries on both the plaintiff and defense sides in business matters concerning breach of contract claims, restrictive covenant cases, defamation and privacy torts, business torts, trade secret and intellectual property disputes, employment and discrimination matters, unfair business practices, and shareholder and corporate disputes. Ken has also tried numerous disputes in arbitration before the AAA, NASD (now FINRA), and private arbitrations. He has significant experience in litigation before administrative and regulatory bodies, and has represented companies in the conduct of internal investigations and parallel criminal investigations at the state and federal level. Ken has also served as counsel in numerous class action proceedings.
Ken received his J.D. in 1990 from Stetson University College of Law, and served as an Assistant State Attorney in Florida’s Sixth Judicial Circuit until he joined a mid-size Tampa firm, in late 1991. He practiced there for 19 years until obtaining his vision of building a strong Tampa based litigation and trial firm focused on servicing clients in the Tampa Bay area and throughout the United States.
Ken has been active in his local, state and national bar associations, and served as the President of the Hillsborough County (Tampa) Bar Association from 2009-2010. When he is not working, Ken enjoys following high school football and all professional sports in the Tampa area. He coached youth baseball, softball and football for 15 years, was President of his local Little League, and still occasionally assists youth teams as a coach. He also plays drums in a local classic rock band.
- Direct Phone Number: 813-868-6163
- Phone Number: 813-834-9191
- Lawyer Page: https://tcb-law.com/ken-turkel/
- 100 North Tampa Street, Suite 1900
Tampa, FL 33602
- Stetson University, Juris Doctorate, graduated 1990
- Tulane University, B.S.M., graduated 1986
- Florida, 1990
- American Bar Association - Former Young Lawyers Division National Conference Chair
- Florida Supreme Court Committee on Standard Jury Instructions for Contract and Business Cases - Member
- Hillsborough County Bar Association - Former Board of Directors
- Hillsborough County Bar Association - Former President
- The Florida Bar - Former Board of Governors
- The Florida Bar - Former Vice Chairman Code and Rules of Evidence Committee
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
4 The Best Lawyers in America® awards
- Commercial Litigation
- Civil Litigation
- Complex Litigation
- Contract Disputes
- AV Rated by Martindale HubbellTampa
- Magazines’ Top Lawyers, 2020
- Florida Super Lawyers, 2009-2020
- Florida Super Lawyers, 2019 – Top 50 Lawyers in Tampa Bay
- Florida Super Lawyers, 2019 – Top 100 Lawyers in Florida
- Florida Trend’s Legal Elite, 2010-2012, 2014-2017
- Hillsborough County Bar Association’s Outstanding Young Lawyer Award, 1999-2000
- Florida Plaintiff’s Attorney of 2016 by Courtroom View Network
- Best Lawyers in America, Commercial Litigation, 2009-2017, 2020-2021
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.