Recognized since 2003
Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships)
Commercial Finance Law
Land Use and Zoning Law
Leisure and Hospitality Law
Mergers and Acquisitions Law
Real Estate Law
Kenneth B. Marcus has over 45 years of experience in the areas of commercial real estate law, development, finance, leasing, purchases and sales. He also has extensive experience in Hawaii business law including the formation of partnerships and limited liability companies, and corporate finance. His real property practice includes the development, acquisition, sale, financing and restructuring of hotels, office buildings and shopping centers, with particular expertise in the hotel industry. Mr. Marcus has also participated in the reorganization of and recovery of assets for insolvent insurance companies.
Mr. Marcus holds Martindale-Hubbell’s® highest possible professional rating AV® for both his skill and his integrity. Mr. Marcus has been selected to the Top 25 Hawaii Super Lawyers® list three times(2011, 2012, 2014), in the practice area of Real Estate Law. He is also recognized by The Best Lawyers in America© list for Business Organizations, Commercial Finance Law, Mergers & Acquisitions and Real Estate Law, and named Best Lawyers©, 2016 "Lawyer of the Year" in Honolulu, in the practice area of Business Organizations and 2017 "Lawyer of the Year" in Honolulu, in the practice area of Mergers & Acquisitions Law. He is also recognized by Chambers and Partners USA Leading Lawyers For Business for Real Estate Law.
Mr. Marcus is a member of the International Society of Hospitality Consultants. He authored the chapter for the Hawaii State Bar Association Real Estate Manual on Hotel Management, which includes Restaurant Leases and Liquor Licensing.
Mr. Marcus served as Vice Chairman of the Stadium Authority of the State of Hawaii from July 2006 through June 2014, is the past-President of Temple Emanu-el in Honolulu, and lives with his wife in Kailua.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: http://www.starnlaw.com/attorneys/Kenneth+B./Marcus/
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 733 Bishop Street, Suite 1900
Honolulu, HI 96813
- New York University , JD, graduated 1975
- New York University, graduated 1975
- University of Pennsylvania , BS Economics, graduated 1972
- Hawaii, Hawaii State Bar Association
- New York, New York State Bar Association
- Friends of Hawaii Robotics - Vice President, Secretary, Director
- Hawaii State Bar Association - Past Chair, RPFSS Section
- International Society of Hospitality Consultants - Member
- Temple Emanu-el - Past President, Board Member
- The Actors Group - Director, Secretary
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Honolulu (2017)
- Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships), Honolulu (2016)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Commercial Finance Law
- Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships)
- Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- Leisure and Hospitality Law
- Land Use and Zoning Law
- Real Estate Law
- Joint Ventures
- Real Property Law
- Shopping Center Transactions
- Tax Certiorari
- Chambers and Partners USA Directory, Real Estate Law
- Hawaii Super Lawyers, Top 25, Real Estate Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.