Kelly J. H. Murrie
Recognized since 2019
St. Louis, Missouri
Criminal Defense: White-Collar
Kelly J.H. Murrie represents major corporations in complex product liability, commercial litigation and employment matters. She appears in state and federal courts, including challenging venues such as the City of St. Louis and Jackson County in Missouri, and Madison and St. Clair counties in Illinois. Kelly also handles corporate internal investigations and white collar defense.
Focusing primarily on high-exposure product liability lawsuits, Kelly represents manufacturers and suppliers in the pharmaceutical, medical device, automobile, railroad, aviation and construction equipment industries. She also has extensive experience representing corporations in commercial, environmental and employment litigation. She regularly handles tort claims; contract disputes; supplier disagreements; employee discrimination, retaliation and sexual harassment claims; and other general litigation matters for Fortune 500 companies.
Kelly is active in every aspect of the litigation process, including case management and strategy, pretrial discovery, depositions, motion practice, expert selection and trial preparation. She has considerable experience managing electronic discovery issues.
Kelly’s trial team work includes successful defense verdicts for multiple pharmaceutical and medical services companies facing nationwide litigation. She also obtained a defense verdict for a railcar manufacturer in a wrongful death case tried in Greene County, Arkansas.
Corporate internal investigations and white collar defense are an integral part of Kelly’s practice. She represents and counsels clients in a variety of white collar defense matters, including investigations involving allegations of mail and wire fraud, accounting fraud, environmental crime, and Medicare and Medicaid fraud.
Prior to joining the firm, Kelly was an associate at Bryan Cave LLP, where she worked in the firm’s product liability, white collar defense and investigations groups, and served as the associate liaison for the St. Louis office.
- Defends a large health care company in numerous product liability lawsuits pending in state and federal courts throughout the country.
- Represents a Fortune 100 company in ongoing litigation involving a fuel additive in multiple state and federal courts.
- Represents a multinational retail corporation in employment discrimination, harassment and retaliation cases filed in Missouri.
- Obtained a defense verdict for a railcar manufacturer following an eight day trial in a wrongful death case tried in Greene County, Arkansas.
- Served as a member of the trial team that successfully obtained defense verdicts for a pharmaceutical company in wrongful death cases tried in multiple jurisdictions, including Madison County, Illinois.
- Obtained a very favorable settlement for a large aerospace company in a complex contract dispute pending in federal court.
- Engaged by multiple audit committees to conduct corporate internal investigations regarding compliance with the law and company policies, typically in response to employee complaints.
Contact & Links
- 7733 Forsyth Boulevard, Suite 1900
St. Louis, MO 63105
- Saint Louis University, J.D.
- The University of Texas, B.A.
11 The Best Lawyers in America® awards
3 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America awards
Recognized in The Best Lawyers® in America 2023 for work in:
- Commercial Litigation
- Criminal Defense: White-Collar
Additional Areas of Practice:
- Product Liability Litigation - Defendants
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.