Kelly Caperton Fischer
Recognized since 2021
Collaborative Law: Family Law
Moving Foward, With Integrity and Respect
Kelly Caperton Fischer on doing what’s best for clients:
I excel at finding creative and respectful solutions to family law matters, including property and child-related issues. Understanding that each family is unique and has different end goals, I use “collaborative law” as a critical foundation to help clients put settlement at the forefront, negotiate more openly and truly focus on what is best for their family. This results in them making smart long-term decisions, including effective co-parenting plans, customized possession schedules and creative property settlements.
- Collaborate with clients to help them make holistically wise decisions for their families.
- Counsel clients on the importance of being mindful of their behavior and actions towards each other, so they can be healthy co-parents and achieve long-lasting and productive results.
- Bring a sense of calm and level-headedness to very difficult and sensitive situations, whether the matter is complex and contentious or simple and agreed.
- Usher clients toward an amicable and reasonable solution in a respectful manner through thorough preparation and sound advice.
Kelly is active with the Texas Family Law Foundation, the Family Law Section of the Austin Bar Association, and the Volunteer Legal Services. With GoransonBain Ausley since 2006, she was named a Texas Super Lawyers Rising Star from 2009 – 2012, 2018 and 2019. As a native Texan raised in Austin, Kelly attended undergrad at Texas A&M University and received her law degree from the University of Texas School of Law.
When not helping clients navigate family law issues, I enjoy reading, listening to podcasts, hiking, and spending time with my husband and son.
Contact & Links
- 3307 Northland Drive, Suite 420
Austin, TX 78731
- The University of Texas, J.D., graduated 2005
- Texas A&M University, B.A., graduated 2002
- Texas, 2006
- American Bar Association, Family Law Section - Member
- Austin Bar Association, Family Law Section - Member
- Collaborative Divorce Texas - Member
- College of the State Bar of Texas, Pro Bono - Member
- State Bar of Texas, Family Law Section, Collaborative Law Section - Member
- Texas Advocacy Project previously Women’s Advocacy Project - Volunteer
- Texas Family Law Foundation - Member
- Volunteer Legal Services of Central Texas - Volunteer
20 The Best Lawyers in America® awards
5 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America awards
Recognized in The Best Lawyers® in America 2023 for work in:
- Collaborative Law: Family Law
- Family Law
- Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© in the field of Family Law, Woodward and White Press, 2021
- Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© in the field of Collaborative Law: Family Law, Woodward and White Press, 2021
- Austin's Top Attorneys, Austin Monthly Magazine, 2020
- Selected to the Texas Rising Stars list, Thomson Reuters, 2009 – 2012, 2018, 2019
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.