A partner in Obermayer’s Business & Finance Department, Kellie heads the suburban real estate team. Her practice focuses on real estate transactions, financing, and zoning and land use matters. Kellie represents businesses, financial institutions, and individuals in Pennsylvania and New Jersey in financing transactions, as well as residential, commercial, and industrial real estate matters, including sales, acquisitions, and leasing.Kellie is a problem-solver. She communicates effectively with her clients throughout the legal process, utilizing face-to-face meetings to bring parties to a resolution.When she is not practicing law, Kellie spends time with her son and daughter, golfing, taking trips to the Pocono Mountains, and enjoying the outdoors.
In her finance practice, Kellie has experience in all aspects of commercial transactions, including due diligence, title review, financing structure, negotiations, and documentation. She represents local and regional financial institutions in the structuring, negotiating, and the closing of business and commercial real estate loan transactions. In addition to handling residential, commercial and industrial real estate transactions, Kellie consults with Pennsylvania and New Jersey real estate professionals on issues relating to residential agreements, dispute resolution and litigation avoidance.
Beyond her active real estate and banking practices, Kellie participates in a broad range of land use matters, securing subdivision and land development approvals for residential, commercial, and industrial developments; zoning hearing board applications; zoning map and text amendments; and challenges to the validity of zoning ordinances. She has been involved in successful appeals in the Courts of Common Pleas, the Pennsylvania Commonwealth Court, and the Pennsylvania Supreme Court.
Some of Kellie’s notable accomplishments include:
- Serving pro bono as transactional and land development counsel for the development of an institutional property in Bristol Borough, Bucks County. This project represents the county’s first crisis residential center. Included in the services were lease negotiation, financing, and land development entitlements.
- Securing land development approvals for a significant addition to a regional hospital, together with the development of 40,000 square feet of additional medical office space on the hospital campus.
- Facilitating the conversion of a residential care facility for individuals with developmental disabilities for one of the largest religious institutions in Pennsylvania. The project included legal analysis; review of real estate leases; zoning, land development, and subdivision approvals; federal law analysis under the ADA and the FHA, including obtainment of reasonable accommodations under those federal statutes; and representing the client in its relationship with Pennsylvania government agencies.
- Spearheading the donation of approximately 400 acres of agricultural land on behalf of a Bucks County charitable foundation to a higher educational institution.Negotiating multiple settlements of zoning disputes among the municipality, neighbors, and the property owner, ensuring the client’s continued use and development potential of the property.
- Negotiating multiple settlements of zoning disputes among the municipality, neighbors, and the property owner, ensuring the client’s continued use and development potential of the property.
In 2012, Kellie was chosen by a panel of judges for inclusion in the inaugural class of the Bucks County “Forty Under 40”, a select group of forty young professional leaders in that county. Since that time, she has been selected for inclusion in Pennsylvania’s Super Lawyers® every year between 2012 and 2018, making the Rising Stars list from 2012 through 2017 in the Land/Use Zoning and Real Estate categories. Kellie was also selected by peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® in the field of Real Estate law 2018 – present.
Kellie is an active member of the Board of Directors of the Lenape Valley Foundation.
She was honored by the Board of Directors as the recipient of the 2016 President’s Award for her distinguished commitment to the development of The Lodge at Lenape Valley Foundation. She serves on the Foundation’s Executive Committee.Awards Won**Click here for a description of the standard or methodology on which the awards and honors are based. No aspect of this advertisement is approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.