Keith has substantial experience litigating complex commercial matters in a variety of contexts, including business torts, injunctive proceedings, legal malpractice defense, and claims against directors and officers. He has served as lead counsel in the defense of class actions. Additionally, Keith represents broker-dealers and investment professionals in the litigation, arbitration, and regulatory arenas. He has been involved in evidentiary injunctive matters on a broad range of issues, including breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, theft of trade secrets, and restrictive covenants.
Before joining Coppersmith Brockelman PLC, Keith practiced nearly 20 years at Lewis and Roca, LLP. At times during his tenure there he led the Class Action Practice Group and was also the leader of the Professional Liability Defense Group.
- Representation of plaintiffs in multiple commercial matters resulting in 8-figure awards or settlements.\
- Defense of class actions in a variety of contexts, including alleged ADA violations, TCPA claims, mortgage lending, and securities. E.g., Shields v. Sonora Quest Laboratories, LLC, 2017 WL 3841489 (D. Ariz.); Galas v. The Lending Co., Inc. 2013 WL 308745 (D. Ariz.).
- Representation of direct selling companies and individuals in FTC enforcement actions. E.g., FTC v. Vemma Nutrition Co., 2015 WL 11118111 (D. Ariz.).
- Representation of employers and employees in restrictive covenant and non-solicitation litigation. · Representation of directors and officers in a variety of contexts.
- Defense of claims for malicious prosecution and abuse of process. E.g., Mahon v. Hammond, 2016 WL 337493 (Ariz. App.).
- Representation of law firms and lawyers in legal malpractice actions. E.g., ANMM, LLC v. Pao Law Firm PLC, 2017 WL 6521262 (Ariz. App.).
- Prevailed on summary judgment construction defect litigation involving more than 1,000 homes. · Representation of insurers in ERISA and contract litigation. E.g., Dual Diagnosis Treatment Center, Inc. v. Blue Cross, 2016 WL 6892140 (C.D. Cal); IAMS, Inc., v. Triple-S Salud, Inc., 2015 WL 5158832 (D. Ariz.)
- Litigation arising out of public records requests. ACLU v. Ariz. Dept. of Child Safety, 240 Ariz. 142 (App. 2017)
- Representation of plaintiffs in claims alleging violation of constitutional rights. E.g., Doe v. Heritage Academy, Inc., 2017 WL 4922059 (D. Ariz.).
- Representation of political committees and candidates in election-related litigation, including ballot measure challenges to initiatives and referenda. E.g., Madonna v. State of Arizona, 2018 WL 2111441 (Ariz. App. 2018); Maricopa Citizens Protecting Taxpayers v. Price, 244 Ariz. 330 (App. 2017); Respect Promise in Opposition to R-14-02-Neighbors for a Better Glendale v. Hanna, 2015 WL 5474447 (Ariz. App. 2015); Shooter v. Farmer, 235 Ariz. 199 (2014); McNamara v. Citizens Protecting Taxpayers, 236 Ariz. 192 (2014).