Keith Roberts primarily practices in the areas of corporate, municipal and healthcare law. He advises for-profit, non-profit and municipal entities in governance and day-to-day business matters and in all manner of commercial transactions including business formation, contracting, financing, leasing and purchase and sale transactions. In particular, Keith regularly provides assistance to the firm's municipal and healthcare clients in transactional, financing and governance matters. Keith has been selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® in the field of corporate law and is recognized as one of the top corporate/commercial lawyers in Vermont by The Chambers USA Guide.
Recent matters include:
- Assisting borrower in the healthcare field with a $2.9 million loan package;
- Draft purchase agreements for medical practice and nursing home acquisitions;
- Review software vendor agreements for a retail client;
- Draft and review leases in the healthcare, hospitality and retail industries; and
- Assist with the dissolution of a Vermont non-profit corporation and a Delaware for profit corporation.
Before joining the firm, Keith served as a law clerk to the Honorable Nathaniel M. Gorton, U.S. District Judge, District of Massachusetts and then practiced law at Ropes & Gray LLP in Boston for several years. He holds a B.A. from Williams College and a J.D., cum laude, from Boston University School of Law, where he served as an Articles Editor of the Boston University Law Review. Keith is admitted to practice in Vermont, New Hampshire and Massachusetts.
Keith is a devoted husband and father. He lives in Hinesburg with his wife and three young children. When not involved in the kids' activities, Keith stays actively involved in the community as Chair of the Hinesburg Community School Board.
- "Handling the Sale of a Business," National Business Institute; June 30, 2015
- Lorman seminars, spoke as part of a panel at “Health Care Reform for Employers: Now What?” held on September 24, 2013.
- Vermont Association of Hospitals and Health Systems, panel on “Leveraging the Electronic Exchange of Health Information to Support Health Care Reform” held on September 12, 2013.
- Spoke at the Vermont Human Resource Association meeting on health care reform's impacts on employers on July 31, 2013.
- Spoke at a Burlington Business Association forum regarding upcoming changes to Vermont's health care system as it affects employers on May 2, 2013,
- National Business Institute, spoke on "Business Contracts A to Z", South Burlington, Vermont, February 20, 2013
- Northern New England Association of Healthcare Executives - Legal Hurdles for Healthcare Reform, Woodstock, VT, November 2, 2012
- U.S. District Court for the District of Vermont
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Hampshire
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts