Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
Recognized since 2022
Washington, District of Columbia
Administrative / Regulatory Law
Kayla Grant is an experienced energy regulatory attorney with a strong interest in energy policy and regulation. Kayla capitalizes on her prior experience as an attorney advisor to Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) administrative law judges to advocate for clients in regulatory and litigation matters before the FERC and public utilities commissions. Kayla counsels clients on issues related to FERC jurisdiction, rate recovery and design, electric utility tariffs, key energy agreements, and RTO/ISO markets. Kayla conducts due diligence in energy generation portfolio acquisitions throughout New England. She also guides clients through ISO-NE and state-level interconnection issues.
Prior to joining Pierce Atwood, Kayla represented rural electric cooperatives, municipally-owned utilities, and local distribution companies before the FERC in hearing and settlement proceedings concerning electric transmission and natural gas pipeline cost-of-service rates. While in law school, Kayla interned for a petroleum and natural gas exploration and production company as well as a company that provides midstream services to the energy industry.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.orrick.com/en/People/5/8/E/Kayla-Grant
- Columbia Center
1152 Fifteenth Street, NW
Washington, DC 20005-1706
- University of Tulsa, J.D., graduated 2015
- Oklahoma State University, B.S., Agriculture Business Operations, graduated 2012
- District of Columbia, United States, District of Columbia
- Maine, United States, Maine
- Oklahoma, United States, Oklahoma
- American Bar Association Section of Environment, Energy and Resources - Young Lawyers Division Liaison
- American Bar Association: Young Lawyers Division Environmental - Chair
- Energy Bar Association - Member
- New England Women in Energy and the Environment - Member
- Women's Council on Energy and the Environment - Member
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
Recognized in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America 2023 for work in:
- Energy Law
- Administrative / Regulatory Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.