Recognized since 2014
Ethics and Professional Responsibility Practice
Intellectual Property Law
Katrina is a Special Counsel in our Corporate team. Her practice includes licensing and commercialisation of IP, assistance with IP ownership and structuring issues, research and development collaborations, alliances and joint venture arrangements, the sale and purchase of IP assets and companies, IP audits and due diligence, establishment of franchise systems, manufacturing, supply and distribution agreements, general contracts law and commercial and corporate law.
Katrina also advises in relation to protection of intellectual property assets, privacy and franchise compliance, regulatory issues and disputes, the Australian Consumer Law, infringement of copyright, trade marks, patents and designs, protection of data, know how and other valuable confidential information, advertising law and domain name disputes.
Recent experience includes:
- Acting for UniQuest (the University of Queensland’s commercialisation company) in relation to a range of IP licensing and commercialisation matters.
- Assisting the Australian Institute for Biotechnology and Nanotechnology (University of Queensland) with its patent licence to DSM Biologics (now Pantheon).
- Advising LivaNova in relation to all of its commercial law needs in Australia.
- Successfully acting for QT Mutual Bank in a WIPO administered UDRP domain name dispute, including obtaining a favourable WIPO panel decision and liaison with Shanghai lawyers to secure transfer of the domain name for a Chinese registrar.
- Acting for a life sciences researcher in relation to an NHMRC inquiry into research misconduct.
- Acting for Wenger in Federal Court of Australia proceedings QUD270/2016 for the revocation of a competitor’s registered trade mark and Wenger’s SWISSGEAR trade mark infringement claim.
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Biotechnology Law, Brisbane, Australia (2023)
- Intellectual Property Law, Brisbane, Australia (2021)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in Australia™ 2023 for work in:
- Biotechnology Law
- Ethics and Professional Responsibility Practice
- Intellectual Property Law
- International Law Office Client Choice Award (2013) for Heatlhcare and Life Sciences in Australia.
- Doyle's Guide (2012 - 2020) as a recommended lawyer in Intellectual Property Law in Queensland.
- Legal 500 Asia Pacific (2018 & 2019) for her work in the Intellectual Property space.
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.