Recognized since 2020
Family Law Mediation
Kathryn Deckert is passionate about guiding clients through what are often challenging, emotionally fraught cases. Kathryn focuses her practice on issues related to divorce, child custody and support, domestic violence and pre- and post-nuptial agreements.
Kathryn is motivated by a desire to help her clients move beyond difficult times and into more positive phases of their lives. She wants them to feel heard and supported throughout their case and she works assiduously and compassionately to establish trusting and interactive relationships with them.
Fierce and compassionate, Kathryn is consistently responsive to her clients and intensely vigilant on their behalf in her effort to help achieve their goals, whether through mediation or litigation. She is particularly committed to custody cases and fights to ensure her clients can remain a constant, involved presence in their children’s lives. Her vast experience handling domestic violence cases is marked by a tremendous success rate in resolving them effectively.
Born and raised in Montgomery County, Kathryn has spent her career giving back to the area. Before joining Stein Sperling, she was a staff attorney for the House of Ruth in Montgomery, Baltimore, and Prince George’s counties, a role that afforded her hundreds of opportunities to represent victims of domestic violence in divorce, custody, and protective order matters.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Direct Phone Number: 301-838-3330
- Lawyer Page: https://steinsperling.com/attorneys/kathryn-deckert/
- 1101 Wootton Parkway, Suite 700
Rockville, MD 20852
- University of Maryland, B.A. (with honors), graduated 2001
- American University, J.D., graduated 2006
- Maryland, State Bar Association
- District of Columbia, State Bar Association
- Bar Association of Montgomery County (2011-present) - Family Section, Social Chair (2015-2017); Board of Directors Member, ex-officio New Practitioner Section Co-Chair (2015-2016); Executive Committee, Member (2013-2015); New Practitioners Section, Co-Chair (2013-2015); Inspiration Walk for Montgomery County
- Women’s Bar Association (2011-present) - Member
- American University, Washington College of Law - Advanced Externship Seminar, Adjunct Professor (2013-2015)
- Asian Pacific Islander Domestic Violence Resource Project - Volunteer (2004-2005)
- D.C. Rape Crisis Center - Volunteer (2001)
- Montgomery County Inn of Court - Associate (2011 - 2012)
- Victim Assistance and Sexual Assault Program - Volunteer (2002-2003)
- Family Law
- Family Law Mediation
- Best Lawyers (2020)
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.