Recognized since 2015
Family Law Mediation
“When I meet with someone for the first time, they are on edge and their life is unraveling. It’s never going to be the same. My role is to calmly help them understand and successfully navigate the process, and to move forward with their lives.”
The law can seem cold and impersonal, but in every family law case, hearts are involved.
I form trusted relationships with my clients—spouses, parents, and grandparents—to ensure you feel important and respected. I actively listen to achieve your goals and help you through this difficult time. As a purposeful advocate, I can assure that you will have a voice during negotiations or in court.
There is no substitute for experience, and as a seasoned family law attorney, I bring over 30 years with a focus on:
- alternative dispute resolution (ADR)
- child supportcustodydomestic abuse and harassment proceedings
- post-decree disputes
- property division and complex valuation
- spousal maintenance
- third-party custody
I advocate using Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR), which is used in most family law cases. Clients typically prefer to use ADR to resolve disputes rather than having a judge decide their lives. I employ mediation in most cases, especially divorce. Additionally, I have vast experience with child custody and parenting time issues, helping clients amicably figure out a schedule that works best for their family.
It’s rewarding making a meaningful difference in people’s lives. My fundamental principle is summed up in this lyric from The Beatles: “And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.”
See my full bio here.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://hensonefron.com/attorneys/kathryn-a-graves/
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 225 South Sixth Street, Suite 1600
Minneapolis, MN 55402
- University of Minnesota, J.D., graduated 1984
- University of Minnesota - Twin Cities, B.S., Political Science, graduated 1980
- Minnesota, Minnesota
- Minnesota Board of Marriage and Family Therapy - Public Board Member, Vice Chair, Complaint Panel Member
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Family Law Section - Member
- Hennepin County Bar Association - Member
- Rule 114 Qualified Neutral - Member
- Financial Early Neutral Evaluator for Hennepin, Ramsey, and Dakota Counties - Member
- Moderated Settlement Conferences in Hennepin, Ramsey, Anoka, Carver and Washington Counties - Member
- Adult Guardian Ad Litem (GAL) for Hennepin and Ramsey County - Member
- University of St. Thomas School of Law Mentor Externship Program - Mentor
- Hennepin County, “Limited Scope” attorney program - Volunteer Lawyer
- Volunteer Lawyer’s Network, Minneapolis, Minnesota - Volunteer Lawyer
- Southern Minnesota Regional Legal Services, St. Paul, Minnesota - Volunteer Lawyer
- Supreme Court of Minnesota
- United States District Court for the District of Minnesota
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Family Law
- Family Law Mediation
- Minnesota Super Lawyers®, 2013–2021
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Member of Managers, 2009–Present
- Minnesota Board of Marriage and Family Therapy, appointed by Governor Mark Dayton, June 2014
- Legal Assistance to the Disadvantaged Committee of the Minnesota State Bar Association, 1994–1997
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2015–2022: Family Law, Family Law Mediation
- North Star Lawyer, Minnesota State Bar Association, commitment to pro bono service, 2013–2020
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.