Kathleen M. Anderson
Recognized since 2007
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Employment Law - Management
Litigation - Labor and Employment
Ms. Anderson’s litigation practice covers the full spectrum of litigation services, including pre-litigation counseling; risk and litigation management; and trials, hearings, and appeals before federal and state courts, administrative agencies, and other tribunals. She has extensive experience in alternative dispute resolution proceedings, including arbitration, mediation, and conciliation. Ms. Anderson has represented clients in complex litigation, including class actions and collective actions, and in actions brought against businesses by federal agencies.
Ms. Anderson regularly represents and counsels businesses in relation to trade secrets and unfair competition; equal employment opportunity; wage and hour claims; non-competition, non-solicitation, and other restrictive covenant claims; discrimination; retaliation; whistleblower; reductions in force; internal complaints and investigations; and products liability, tort, and commercial claims.
Ms. Anderson collaborates with clients from a range of industries – manufacturing, healthcare, insurance, retail, marketing, and waste management, to name a few. Ms. Anderson regularly lectures and writes on litigation tactics, trade secrets and unfair competition, and risk management.
Ms. Anderson is a member of the Litigation and Employment and Labor Law Sections of the American Bar Association. She is Past President of the Allen County Bar Association and of the Trial Lawyers Section of the Allen County Bar Association. Ms. Anderson received the Neiman Citation for Distinguished Legal Work, Professionalism, Public Service, and Leadership from the Allen County Bar Association in 2006.
Ms. Anderson is admitted to practice before the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals, the U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana and Ohio, and Indiana and Ohio state courts.
Ms. Anderson received a B.A., summa cum laude, from Hanover College, where she graduated at the top of her class and was awarded the Henry C. Long Citation for Academic Excellence and Citizenship. Ms. Anderson received her J.D., magna cum laude, from Indiana University School of Law–Bloomington, where she served on the Board of Editors of the Indiana Law Journal and was elected to the Order of the Coif, a national law school honorary.
Ms. Anderson co-chairs Barnes & Thornburg’s firmwide Diversity Committee. Formerly recognized as a "Future 40 Under 40" Award Recipient, Ms. Anderson has served on boards of directors for various not-for-profit health care, education, and community organizations.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://btlaw.com/en/people/kathleen-anderson
- 888 South Harrison Street, Suite 600
Fort Wayne, IN 46802
- Hanover College, graduated 1989
- Indiana University Bloomington, J.D., graduated 1992
- Indiana, Indiana State Bar Association
- Ohio, Ohio State Bar Association
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
243 The Best Lawyers in America® awards
67 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America awards
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Litigation - Labor and Employment, Fort Wayne (2022)
- Litigation - Labor and Employment, Fort Wayne (2019)
- Employment Law - Management, Fort Wayne (2018)
- Employment Law - Management, Fort Wayne (2015)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers® in America 2023 for work in:
- Commercial Litigation
- Employment Law - Management
- Litigation - Labor and Employment
- Civil Litigation
- Complex Litigation
- Labor and Employment
- Product Liability
- Trade Secrets
Additional Areas of Practice:
- Trade Secrets Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.