Recognized since 2013
Legal Malpractice Law - Defendants
Professional Malpractice Law - Defendants
Kathleen H. Klaus is a shareholder at Maddin, Hauser, Roth & Heller, P.C. and member of the firm's Defense and Insurance Coverage Practice Group since 2004. She specializes in complex professional liability defense (including lawyers, accountants and insurance agents), employment defense and appellate practice, with an emphasis on taking cases seamlessly from initial intake through trial and appeal. Ms. Klaus graduated from the University of Michigan Law School in 1992 and received a Bachelor of Arts degree, with honors, from the University of Iowa in 1987.
She is licensed to practice in Michigan and Illinois and is admitted to the Third, Fifth, Sixth and Seventh United States Court of Appeals, the United States Tax Court and the United States Supreme Court.
Ms. Klaus has been invited to speak at numerous trade and professional organizations on various topics, including the application of the federal RICO statute to insurance claims handling procedures.
Contact & Links
- Essex Centre, Second Floor
28400 Northwestern Highway
P.O. Box 215
Southfield, MI 48034-1839
- The University of Iowa, BA, graduated 1987
- Michigan, State Bar of Michigan
- Illinois, State Bar of Illinios
- United States, United States Supreme Court Bar
- United States, American Bar Association
- Michigan, Oakland County Bar Association
- United States, United States Court of Appeals - Third, Fifth, Sixth and Seventh
- Claims & Litigation Management Alliance - Member
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Professional Malpractice Law - Defendants, Detroit (2022)
- Professional Malpractice Law - Defendants, Detroit (2019)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Legal Malpractice Law - Defendants
- Professional Malpractice Law - Defendants
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America® since 2013 in the area of legal malpractice law-defendants.
- Listed in Michigan edition of Super Lawyers® from 2013-2015
- Listed as one of Michigan’s top female attorneys by HOUR Detroit Magazine
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.