Sullivan Hill Rez & Engel, APLC
Recognized since 2023
San Diego, California
Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
Kathleen A. Cashman-Kramer practices in the areas of bankruptcy and other insolvency matters as well as in commercial and real estate litigation. Her representation includes trustees, creditors and debtors in commercial bankruptcies. She has successfully tried matters in federal and state courts and participated in ADR proceedings before the American Arbitration Association (AAA) and other panels.
Ms. Cashman-Kramer’s representation in the Bankruptcy Court includes bankruptcy trustees, secured, priority and unsecured creditors, lessors, and bankruptcy debtors in commercial Chapter 11 and Chapter 7 bankruptcy proceedings. She served for four years as the staff attorney for one of the standing Chapter 13 Trustees for the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of California. She also has represented title insurance companies as well as individual and corporate parties in business and real estate litigation.
Serving on the Bankruptcy Mediation Panel for the United States Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of California since 1995, Ms. Cashman-Kramer was presented with the Mediator of the Year Award for 2020-2021 by the Judges of the United States Bankruptcy Court. She has also served as a Pro-Tem Judge for the Small Claims Department of the San Diego Municipal Court since 1992.
Ms. Cashman-Kramer was selected by her peers for inclusion in the 29th edition of Best Lawyers in America® in the field of Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law.
Ms. Cashman-Kramer regularly presents for the local San Diego Credit Abuse Resistance Education (CARE) affiliate and previously served on the Board of Directors for 2004-2011. She served two three-terms on the Board of Directors for the San Diego Bankruptcy Forum, including serving as the president in 2003, the secretary for 2001-2002, the treasurer in 1996, and the vice-president in 1997. Ms. Cashman-Kramer currently serves as the vice chair of San Diego County Bar Association’s Bankruptcy Law Section, and has served as either the chair or the vice-chair of the Bankruptcy Section since 1999. She also currently serves on the Insolvency Law Committee and the Business Litigation Committee of the California Lawyers Association, and is a regular contributor of articles to the Business Litigation Committee’s eBulletins. She is a member of the San Diego and California Bankruptcy Forums, American Bar Association, the American Bankruptcy Institute, the Massachusetts Bar Association, and the District of Columbia Bar Association.
Ms. Cashman-Kramer was admitted to the State Bar of California in 1987. She is admitted to practice before all courts of the State of California, before the United States Supreme Court and the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit and before the United States District and Bankruptcy Courts for the Southern Districts of California.
- 600 B Street, 17th Floor
San Diego, CA 92101
- New England Law | Boston, J.D., graduated 1984
- Stonehill College, B.A., graduated 1981
- California, 1987
- American Bankruptcy Institute - Member
- American Bar Association - Member
- California Bankruptcy Forum - Member
- California Lawyers Association - Insolvency Law Committee and the Business Litigation Committee
- District of Columbia Bar Association - Member
- Massachusetts Bar Association - Member
- San Diego Bankruptcy Forum - Board of Directors
- San Diego County Bar Association's Bankruptcy Law Section - Vice Chair
- San Diego Credit Abuse Resistance Education (CARE) affiliate - Board of Directors (2004-2011)
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of California - Bankruptcy Mediation Panel
- All Courts of the State of California
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States District and Bankruptcy Courts for the Southern Districts of California
8 The Best Lawyers in America® awards
2 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America awards
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Mediator of the Year Award for 2020-2021 by the Judges of the United States Bankruptcy Court
- Inclusion in the 29th edition of Best Lawyers in America® in the field of Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Litigation - Bankruptcy
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.