Kathi M. Sandweiss
Recognized in:Appellate Practice
Law School:Arizona State University
Location:3200 North Central Avenue, Suite 2000Phoenix, AZ 85012
- Arizona State University, J.D., graduated 1986
- University of California Los Angeles, BA, graduated 1977
- Arizona, U.S. District Court, District of Arizona, 1986
- United States, U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- United States, United States Supreme Court
- Arizona Appellate Practice Institute - Faculty
- Arizona State Bar Appellate Practice Section - Past Chair
- Maricopa County Superior Court - Former Judge Pro Tem
- Temple Chai - Healing Committee Member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America for work in:
- Appellate Practice
- Women in the Law 2017, Best Lawyers
- Comercial Arbitration Panel Member, American Arbitration Association, 2016
- Best Lawyers in America- Appellate Practice, 2016, 2017
· Lecturer on a variety of appellate practice issues, including participation in annual Arizona State Bar seminar, "Bankruptcy Ambushes Lurking in the Legal Jungle."
· Organized and moderated 2001 Arizona State Bar convention seminar, "Don't Lose Your Appeal: Traps for the Unwary."
· Also lectured on Uniform Commercial Code-Sales, attorney conflicts and disqualification, inheritance rights of adoptive children, the Arizona homestead statute, and more.
· Published articles include "Adoptive Child's Right to Inherit," Arizona Attorney, March 1997; "Preserving the Family Farm in an Urban Age: Recent Changes to the Arizona Judgment Lien and Homestead Statutes," Arizona Attorney, September 1997 and "Foreign Judgments and Community Property," Arizona Attorney, November 2009.
· Master of the Bench, Former Horace Rumpole American Inn of Court
· Girls on the Run, Previously Volunteered as a Running Buddy
· Hospice of the Valley, Former Volunteer
· Wills for Heroes Foundation, Volunteer