Recognized since 2020
Litigation - Health Care
Katharine Brindley has had a growing trial practice for the past 28 years, defending health care clients in medical malpractice matters and those facing disciplinary issues with state licensing authorities. For example, Kathy successfully defended a local hospital in a four-week trial by a claimant with bilateral leg amputations. The jury was unanimous in its verdict that there was no negligence by any health care professional.
Katharine has developed a statewide reputation for her defense of health care professionals facing disciplinary and licensing disputes with the state of Washington. Most notably, she successfully defended a popular physician accused of smothering an infant. After months of investigation and a four-day hearing involving complicated issues of what constitutes life and death, the physician’s license was restored.
With a background in registered nursing, Katharine is prepared to handle a wide variety of medical issues and regularly works with specialists in all areas of medicine and surgery. She also serves as a frequent guest speaker at nursing schools in the Puget Sound area and regularly works with local hospitals on issues of risk management and health care business transactions.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.bbllaw.com/legal-team/katharine-brindley/
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 601 Union Street, Suite 1500
Seattle, WA 98101-1363
- Gonzaga University , JD, graduated 1984
- Washington State University, BSN, graduated 1979
- Idaho, 1985
- Washington, 1984
- American Board of Trial Advocates - Member
- Defense Research Institute - Member
- Washington Defense Trial Lawyers Association - Member
- Washington Health Care Risk Management Society - Member
- Washington Society of Health Care Attorneys - Member
- Washington Women Lawyers - Member
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Washington
- United States District Court, Western District of Washington
- United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- United States District Court of Idaho
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Litigation - Health Care
- Medical Malpractice
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.