Recognized since 2015
Employment Law - Management
Having worked in human resources and management in the private sector, Katy Rand brings hands-on experience to her practice. Her client work primarily involves employment law, with a focus on discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and wage / hour issues. Katy helps employers avoid litigation, counseling them on compliance and employee relations issues and, where appropriate, negotiating early resolution of disputes. She also has an active litigation practice, routinely advocating on behalf of employers in state and federal court, as well as before administrative agencies such as the Maine Human Rights Commission and Department of Labor.
In addition to her employment practice, Katy is a certified Title IX investigator and regularly conducts independent investigations for employers and educational institutions on a wide range of issues, including sexual harassment and sexual misconduct.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.pierceatwood.com/people/katharine-rand
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Merrill's Wharf
254 Commercial Street
Portland, ME 04101
- University of Maine, J.D., summa cum laude
- Davidson College, B.A.
- United States, Maine
- United States, Massachusetts
- American Bar Association - Member
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maine
- U.S. Supreme Court
- United States District Court
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Employment Law - Management, Portland, ME (2023)
- Employment Law - Management, Portland, ME (2019)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Employment Law - Management
- Best Lawyers in America "Lawyer of the Year" for Employment Law (2019)
- Best Lawyers in America for Employment Law (2015-present)
- Recognized by Chambers USA for Labor and Employment
Recent ExperienceLitigated numerous whistleblower retaliation and discrimination lawsuits in state and federal courts
Prepared and delivered trainings and presentations on a wide variety of employment issues, including social networking, FMLA, sexual harassment, and wage and hour compliance
Drafted and advised employers regarding employee handbooks, policies and procedures
Defended numerous discrimination and retaliation charges brought before the Maine Human Rights Commission
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.