Recognized since 2022
Trusts and Estates
Karen is an attorney in Tonkon Torp's Estate Planning Practice Group where she advises individuals and high-net-worth families in estate planning and administration, and assists clients with tax planning, business transactions, and succession planning.
She is experienced in the preparation of wills, trusts, and other estate planning documents, and provides strategic tax and legal advice to help her clients reach their business goals. Karen regularly assists clients in the creation and development of estate plans through the assessment of assets and goals, and understands complex tax and entity planning including the use of grantor trusts and family limited liability companies. She also has experience advising on pre-formation planning, entity formation, corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions, contractual interpretation issues and business succession planning.
Karen previously worked as an attorney with Lane Powell PC, Williams Kastner & Gibbs, PLLC, and Bullivant House Bailey, PC.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://tonkon.com/attorneys/karen-hobson.html
- Pioneer Tower, Suite 1600
888 Southwest Fifth Avenue
Portland, OR 97204
- New York University, LL.M.
- University of Oregon, J.D.
- University of Wisconsin–Madison, B.A.
- Oregon, Oregon State Bar
- Washington, Washington State Bar Association
- Estate Planning Council of Portland - Board of Directors, 2020-Present
- Multnomah Bar Association - Member
- Oregon State Bar Estate Planning & Administration Section - Member
- Oregon State Bar Tax Section - Member
- Oregon Women Lawyers - Member
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners - Member
- U.S. District Court, District of Oregon
- U.S. Tax Court
50 The Best Lawyers in America® awards
16 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America awards
Recognized in The Best Lawyers® in America 2023 for work in:
- Trusts and Estates
Additional Areas of Practice:
- Litigation - Trusts and Estates
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.