Recognized since 2012
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Corporate Compliance Law
Securities / Capital Markets Law
Kara L. MacCullough focuses her practice on advising public and private companies on corporate and securities law issues surrounding corporate finance transactions and mergers and acquisitions, including private and public securities offerings (IPOs, follow-on and secondary offerings, convertible notes offerings, PIPEs, high-yield debt and Regulation S/offshore offerings), exchange/tender offers, asset and stock purchases and other commercial transactions in the United States and abroad. She has served as issuer's counsel in connection with over $10 billion in equity and debt offerings and debt tender offers by public companies in the past three years and has experience with international business transactions including cross-border tender offers.
Kara also counsels public companies on corporate governance, executive compensation, director responsibilities and fiduciary duties. Her merger and acquisitions experience involves the full range of M&A transactions, including public company mergers, private company acquisitions and dispositions, strategic investments, going private transactions, special committee representation and tender offers.
Kara represents public companies in connection with their acquisition of public and private companies. Kara's clients have included companies in the telecommunications, retail, restaurant, transportation, life sciences, financial services, media and entertainment, utilities and information technology industries.
Contact & Links
- 401 East Las Olas Boulevard, Suite 2000
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
- Three Brickell City Centre, Suite 1100
98 Southeast Seventh Street
Miami, FL 33131
- Wellesley College, BA, graduated 1986
- Florida, The Florida Bar
- American Bar Association - Member
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Corporate Law, Fort Lauderdale (2023)
- Securities / Capital Markets Law, Fort Lauderdale (2023)
- Securities / Capital Markets Law, Fort Lauderdale (2021)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Corporate Compliance Law
- Corporate Law
- Securities / Capital Markets Law
- Super Lawyers magazine, Florida Super Lawyers, 2010
- "Top Dealmakers of the Year," Daily Business Review, 2011 winner; 2007-2010 finalist
- Chambers USA Guide, 2006-2013
- Daily Business Review, "Top Dealmaker of the Year - Corporate Finance Category," 2013
- Corporate Board Member magazine and FTI Consulting Inc., one of "America’s Best Corporate Law Firms," 13th Annual Legal Industry Study, 2013
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.