Recognized since 2022
Public Finance Law
Kane Burnette’s primary practice involves serving as bond counsel to municipalities, counties, boards of education and public corporations throughout Alabama on both publicly underwritten and privately placed tax-exempt financings.
Kane is particularly active in the public education sector, where he has represented both public universities and boards of education on tax and finance matters, and he currently serves on the faculty of the University of Alabama's academy for finance training for new school superintendents and chief school financial officers.
In addition to bond counsel engagements, he has served as company counsel and bank counsel in letter-of-credit backed transactions, as lender’s counsel in direct placement transactions and as trustee’s counsel. He also advises municipal clients on economic development and incentive matters. Kane has experience in representing governmental bodies in compliance matters before the Internal Revenue Service and the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
As an Alabama-licensed Certified Public Accountant (currently inactive), Kane worked in the Birmingham office of Ernst & Young LLP before attending law school.
- Lawyer Page: https://www.bradley.com/people/b/burnette-kane
- One Federal Place
1819 Fifth Avenue North
Birmingham, AL 35203
- The University of Alabama, J.D., graduated 2009
- The University of Alabama, M.A., graduated 2003
- The University of Alabama, B.S., graduated 2002
- Alabama Council of School Board Attorneys - Member
- National Association of Bond Lawyers - Member
- Municipal Law, Birmingham (2023)
- Corporate Law
- Municipal Law
- Public Finance Law
- Listed in Chambers USA, Banking & Finance: Public Finance, 2020-2021
- Listed in Mid-South Super Lawyers, "Rising Stars," Government Finance, 2016-2019
- Listed in B-Metro, "Top Lawyers," 2019-2020
Listed in The Best Lawyers in America®
Corporate Law, 2022
Municipal Law, 2022
Public Finance Law, 2022
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.