Recognized since 2021
Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships)
Litigation and Controversy - Tax
Kaitlyn’s experience as a Certified Public Accountant and a tax attorney give her a unique perspective on domestic and international tax compliance issues for individuals and businesses including streamlined compliance for individuals, corporations, partnerships, and limited liability companies. Kaitlyn handles cases with issues involving individual and corporate income tax, international tax compliance, IRS and State tax audits, tax relief and collection — including sales and use taxes, admissions and amusement tax, and withholding tax.
Kaitlyn’s reputation in the community for tax and pro bono commitments have led to her receiving several awards. Since 2017 she has been recognized by peers as a Super Lawyers Rising Star for her work in tax. Additionally, Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch has recognized Kaitlyn since 2021 for her work in tax controversy and litigation. As co-chair of the Pro Bono Department, Kaitlyn has led to the firm's recognition in 2020 as Law Firm of the Year by the Maryland Volunteer Lawyers Service and in 2021 with the Law Firm Pro Bono Service Award by the Pro Bono Resource Center of Maryland.
Kaitlyn serves as a member of various Maryland organizations including the Maryland State Bar Association, the Maryland Association of Certified Public Accountants, and the American Academy of Attorney-Certified Public Accountants. She actively partners with these and other local organizations (Maryland Volunteer Lawyers Service) to deliver informative presentations on various tax topics.
Contact & Links
- 839 Bestgate Road, Suite 400
Annapolis, MD 21401
- University of Pittsburgh, B.S. magna cum laude, graduated 2009
- University of Baltimore, LLM
- University of Baltimore, J.D. cum laude
- Maryland, 2013
- Pennsylvania, 2014
- American Academy of Attorney-Certified Public Accountants - Capital Area Chapter President
- Maryland Association of Certified Public Accountants - Member
- Maryland State Bar Association - Taxation Section Council Member
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
Recognized in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America 2023 for work in:
- Litigation and Controversy - Tax
- Tax Law
- Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships)
- Super Lawyers Rising Star | 2017 - 2023
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.