Recognized since 2015
Mergers and Acquisitions Law
Justin Howard is co-leader of the firm’s Mergers & Acquisitions Group. He represents public and private companies across a variety of industries in complex mergers and acquisitions, including leveraged acquisitions and dispositions of portfolio investments by private equity funds. He also represents issuers and underwriters in public and private offerings of debt, equity and convertible securities and advises public companies regarding a variety of corporate governance matters.
Mr. Howard was chosen as a Rising Star in 2011 and 2010 by Law & Politics in the areas of Mergers & Acquisitions, Securities and Corporate Finance. He is also listed in The Best Lawyers in America in the Mergers & Acquisitions category. Mr. Howard is also an adjunct professor at the University of Georgia School of Law, where he teaches a course on mergers and acquisitions.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: http://www.alston.com/professionals/justin-howard
- One Atlantic Center, Suite 4900
1201 West Peachtree Street
Atlanta, GA 30309-3424
- University of Georgia , BBA
- University of Georgia , J.D.
- State Bar of Georgia
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- Represented a publicly traded telecommunications firm in a $2.6 billion leveraged buyout by an affiliate of the Carlyle Group.
- Represented a publicly traded biometric security company in a $400 million sale to the world's largest technology company.
- Represented a publicly traded specialty pharmacy and disease management service provider in a $290 million going private transaction.
- Represented a leading provider of paperboard packaging in (i) a $1.8 billion acquisition of a competitor, (ii) the subsequent Department of Justice mandated asset divestitures, and (iii) multiple high-yield debt and liability management transactions.
- Represented a publicly traded natural gas storage and transportation company in an auction resulting in the sale of the company for over $700 million.
- Represented a leading agricultural company in several transactions, including (i) defense of a hostile takeover and a subsequent negotiated sale for $1.25 billion, (ii) a $200 million high-yield debt offering and (iii) a $600 million conversion/recapitalization from a cooperative association to a for-profit company and the related $150 million initial public offering.
- Represented a publicly traded casual dining restaurant chain in connection with its sale for over $1.3 billion.
- Represented a specialty pharmaceutical company in connection with its sale for over $2.2 billion.
- Represented an entertainment retailer in a $1.2 billion acquisition, including $325 million of related Rule 144A high-yield debt financing.
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.