Recognized since 2008
Litigation - Land Use and Zoning
Real Estate Law
Julie P. Kendig-Schrader represents both the public and private sector in land use and environmental matters and administrative litigation. She works with clients to create public/private partnerships for infrastructure needs, particularly those related to transportation. With sustainability concerns and initiatives cutting across virtually all sectors of business today, Julie strives to keep her clients ahead of the curve to maximize opportunities and minimize unnecessary costs and risks.
Prior to joining the firm, Julie was with the South Florida Water Management District Office of Counsel.
Contact & Links
- 450 South Orange Avenue, Suite 650
Orlando, FL 32801
- University of Florida , J.D., graduated 1992
- University of Florida, MA, graduated 1991
- University of Florida, BA, graduated 1989
- Florida, The Florida Bar
- Leadership Orlando, 2000 - Member
- National Association of Office and Industrial Properties, Central Florida Chapter - Member
- Osceola/Kissimmee Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors, 2004-Present - Board Member
- Seminole County Chamber of Commerce - Member
- Volusia County Association for Responsible Development - Member
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Litigation - Land Use and Zoning, Orlando (2016)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Environmental Law
- Litigation - Land Use and Zoning
- Real Estate Law
- Land Use and Zoning
- The Legal 500 United States: Volume IV, Florida: Land Use & Zoning
- Listed, Orlando Business Journal Listed, "40 Under 40," 2005
- Orlando Business Journal "Up & Comers," 2002
- Chambers USA Guide, 2004-2013
- Super Lawyers magazine, Florida Super Lawyers, 2006-2013
Other Court Admissions
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
Areas of Concentration
- Complex land use and environmental authorizations, including developments of regional impact, comprehensive plan amendments, environmental permitting and land development regulation drafting and implementation
- Rural lands entitlement, sustainable development and conservation uses
- Public private partnerships and infrastructure provision
- Climate change, transit oriented development and green building issues
- Impact fees/concurrency issues
- Land use and environmental administrative and civil litigation and appeals
- Community development district (CDD) formation
- Wetlands, endangered species and environmental permitting
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Title III, building code compliance
- Annexation issues
- Agricultural classifications and other taxation issues, including appeals to the Value Adjustment Board
- Consumptive use permitting and issues
- Environmental regulatory regimes, including RCRA and CERCLA
- Member of team that represented MAT Concessionaire, LLC and its sponsors, Meridiam Infrastructure Fund and Bouygues Travaux Publics, S.A., in the Port of Miami Tunnel project, one of the first greenfield public-private partnerships in the United States.
- Acted as counsel to owner for one of the first private toll roads in the state of Florida.
- Code and Comprehensive Plan drafting and interpretation.
- Multiple representations of both private and public entities in administrative challenges to environmental resource permits and land use approvals.
- Acted as land use and environmental counsel for a 49,000-acre Binding Letter of Interpretation of Vested Rights (BLIVR) development in Osceola and Polk Counties.
- Acted as counsel for multiple projects in Orange County, Florida, including those subject to Binding Letters of Interpretation of Vested Rights (BLIVRs) and increased Development of Regional Impact thresholds.
- Acted as land use and environmental counsel for an 1800-acre development of regional impact in Lake County, Florida.
- Acted as land use counsel for a 950 acre commercial and office development of regional impact in Osceola County, Florida.
- Acted as land use and environmental permitting counsel for a 2,000-acre waterfront, golf course development in Flagler County, Florida.
- CDD formation and environmental permitting counsel for a 1,300-acre waterfront development of regional impact in Osceola County, Florida with an associated 600-acre off-site mitigation area.
- CDD formation and environmental permitting counsel for a 700-acre residential and golf course community in Volusia County, Florida.
- CDD formation, environmental permitting and land use counsel for a 3,000-acre development in Hendry County, Florida.
- Land use and environmental counsel for a 305-acre multifamily, hotel and commercial development of regional impact in Orange County, Florida.
- CDD formation counsel for multiple Community Development Districts both over and under 1,000-acres.
- Represented property owners in litigation in state and federal court in cases involving Takings, Substantive and Procedural Due Process violations and Equal Protection claims.
- Represented local government in a state and federal court challenge to sign ordinance with amortization provision.
- Represented multiple parties in appeals and proceedings before the Florida Land and Water Adjudicatory Commission.
- Represented military base reuse.
- Represented owner in connection with a historic agricultural site with arsenic and other contamination issues.
- Represented owner regarding superfund site in Central Florida.
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.