Recognized since 2021
Commercial Transactions / UCC Law
Securities / Capital Markets Law
As head of the corporate/securities practice, Julie Herzog handles a wide variety of corporate, securities and merger and acquisition transactions. She has handled transactions valued at over $4 billion for major public companies and investment banks and enjoys working with a diverse clientele ranging from Fortune 100 corporations to startups, family offices, and venture capital and private equity funds.
Since 2013, Julie negotiated and closed over 100 transactions valued at over $1.5 billion on behalf of our clients. Her clients represent a variety of industry sectors, including energy, health care, technology, manufacturing, real estate, food and beverage, business consulting and other services. She has counseled several hundred companies from inception through initial public offerings or successful sales.
Before joining the firm in 2003, Julie practiced corporate and securities law for more than eight years at major international law firms, Morrison & Foerster's Denver and Hong Kong offices and Jones Day's Chicago office. In 2004, she started her own clothing business, grew the business over three years and successfully sold it in 2007.
Her experience managing the entire lifecycle of a business adds value to her work with clients. Each client has varying demands and requirements and Julie has earned a reputation for respecting the unique qualities of each of her clients. Her approach is refreshingly down-to-earth as she meets her clients’ business objectives, while appropriately addressing the legal and business risks. Having been on both sides of the desk, she understands the importance of timeliness, efficiency and other factors that create quality customer service—and that is what she delivers.
- Lawyer Page: https://www.fortislawpartners.com/julie-herzog
- 1900 Wazee Street, Suite 300
Denver, CO 80202
- Naropa University, Certificate in Authentic Leadership, graduated 2003
- Southern Methodist University, Juris doctor, cum laude, graduated 1994
- Oklahoma State University, Bachelors of science in accounting and political science, with honors, graduated 1991
- American Bar Association - Business Law Section - Mergers & Acquisitions Committee, Market Trends Subcommittee & Committee on LLCs, Partnerships and Unincorporated Entities
- Association for Corporate Growth - Corporate Affairs Committee, 15+ years
- Blackstone Entrepreneurs’ Network - Network Advisor, 2017 & 2018
- Boomtown Accelerator - Mentor, 2017
- Colorado Bar Association - Business Law Section - Mergers & Acquisitions Subsection & Securities Law Subsection
- Entrepreneurs' Organization - Co-Chair Alchemy 2015, Forum Moderator 2014, Membership Chair 2017-2018, Board Member 2014-2015 and 2017-2018
- Rocky Mountain Securities Conference - 2017 and 2018 Planning Committee
- Social Venture Partners - Partner, 2004-2006
- University of Colorado Leeds School of Business - Women’s Council, 2013-2018
- Women Inspiring Leadership Development (WILD) - Chair of the Underwriting Committee, 2013-2015
- Commercial Transactions / UCC Law
- Corporate Law
- Securities / Capital Markets Law
- M&A Lawyer of the Year by ACQ Global Awards- 2017, 2018 and 2019
- Named to the Colorado Super Lawyers lists – 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019
- Colorado Super Lawyers - Top 50 Women – 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019
- M&A Corporate LiveWire Award- 2017
- Denver Business Journal’s 2015 Outstanding Women in Business Award, Finalist
- Elite M&A Lawyer, Corporate Live Wire Award in Colorado - 2015
- InterContinental Finance Magazine’s “100 Leading Female Lawyers” - 2014
- “Top Woman Lawyer”- 2010, Finalist
- “Woman of Accomplishment” by Law Week Colorado- 2009
- "Mile Hi Leader" category for the Denver Business Journal’s 2005 “Outstanding Women in Business Awards,” Finalist
- Denver Business Journal "40 under 40"- 2002
- Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships)
- Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- Private Funds / Hedge Funds Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.