Recognized since 2019
Family Law Mediation
Julie Christopher is passionate about helping people navigate challenging transformations in their family landscape. She focuses her legal practice on domestic issues including separation and divorce, complex custody suits, child support and alimony, modifications to existing agreements, property distribution and valuations, contempt and enforcement, and pre- and post-nuptial and separation agreements.
Julie is driven to ensure her clients maintain the steadfast belief that she is their advocate and champion. To that end, she envisions each client as a partner, listening to their needs, communicating regularly, and advising them every step of the way as she works to help them achieve their goals. Julie brings a calm and soothing demeanor to what is often a frenzy in the setting of a family or marital dispute. A strategic problem-solver, Julie enjoys figuring out creative solutions to concerns involving financial and asset protection so that her clients remain in secure standing.
Julie is especially passionate about shielding children from the inevitably disruptive features of divorce and resolving custody battles in a child-focused manner. Julie is trained to represent minor children in the courts. Because of her skill and reputation, Julie frequently is selected to serve as a court-appointed counsel for disabled persons or as a guardian of property.
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Lawyer Page: https://steinsperling.com/attorneys/julie-christopher/
- 1101 Wootton Parkway, Suite 700
Rockville, MD 20852
- Virginia Commonwealth University, B.S., graduated 1997
- University of Maryland, J.D. (with honors), graduated 2001
- Maryland, Bar Association of Montgomery County
- Bar Association of Montgomery County - Collaborative Law Section; Family Section Co-Chair; Family Section Program Chair
- Maryland State Bar Association - Member
- Women's Bar Association of Maryland - Member
- Mentor for the Court of Appeals Mentoring Program (2013-2017) - Member
- Montgomery County, Maryland American Inn of Court - Associate Member (2015-2016); Barrister (2016-present)
- Presenter, CLE Training: Representing Children in Contested Custody Cases in Maryland, March 9, 2018 - Presenter, CLE Training
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- Family Law
- Family Law Mediation
- Best Lawyers in America (2019 - 2020)
Maryland Super Lawyer (2015-2019); Top 50 Female Attorneys in Maryland (2018-2019); Top 100 Attorneys in Maryland (2018-2019)
- Washington, D.C. Super Lawyer (2015-2019)
Bar Association of Montgomery County; Section Chair of the Year (2012)
Bethesda Magazine; Top Divorce Lawyers, Honorable Mention (2013)
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV Preeminent peer review rating
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.