Recognized since 2020
Employment Law - Management
Litigation - Labor and Employment
Ms. Acken focuses her practice in labor and employment law. She has defended numerous companies in gender, race and disability discrimination cases in state and federal court. Ms. Acken also has wide-ranging experience representing both public and private entities in EEOC claims, wage payment/overtime, wrongful termination, Davis-Bacon, and state and federal leave issues. She also currently serves as the Chair of the Diversity and Inclusion Committee.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Acken was in-house employment counsel to a large international company. In that capacity, she partnered with the Human Resources to draft and implement employment policies, assist with union labor negotiations and issues, resolve employee relations issues, manage civil and administrative employment and labor claims, revise the employment handbook and draft multi-state agenda, audit the I-9 process and draft multiple job descriptions based upon state and federal wage laws. Ms. Acken also trained both management and non-managerial employees on employment law compliance issues.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://jsslaw.com/professionals/acken-julia-s/
- One East Washington Street, Suite 1900
Phoenix, AZ 85004-2554
- Northwestern University , J.D., graduated 2002
- Indiana University, B.A., graduated 1999
- Arizona, 2002
- Jennings Strouss Diversity & Inclusion Committee - Chair
- Jennings Strouss Recruiting Committee - Chair
- State Bar of Arizona - Member, Employment Law Section
- Federal District Court, District of Arizona (2002)
- Supreme Court of Arizona (2002)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Employment Law - Management
- Litigation - Labor and Employment
- Listed, "The Most Influential Women in Arizona Business,"Az Business Magazine (2021)
- Listed, "Top 100 Lawyers for 2020,"AZ Big Media (2020)
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.