Recognized since 2019
Raleigh, North Carolina
Litigation - Regulatory Enforcement (SEC, Telecom, Energy)
Julia Ambrose provides transactional and regulatory counsel to media companies navigating the rapidly-changing video programming industry. She is also an experienced litigator, well-versed in commercial and constitutional litigation in all levels of state and federal trial and appellate courts.
Technology is evolving rapidly, but the laws and regulations governing broadcast television have not always kept pace. Julia has significant experience helping media companies and broadcast trade associations lay the groundwork for this new era of video programming consumption. She drafts and negotiates a host of agreements between broadcasters and content providers, such as streaming agreements, affiliation agreements, digital broadcasting agreements, and syndication agreements.
She has also represented media clients in the notice-and-comment process before the Federal Communications Commission as it creates new rules for television broadcasters, and she regularly provides written advocacy on hot-button issues before federal agencies and the courts, including the application of federal indecency standards to television broadcasts and the assertion of television stations' rights under the Copyright Act.
Julia’s clerkship experiences at the United States Supreme Court and the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals spurred her passion for appellate litigation. She welcomes the challenge of advocating for the interpretation and application of even the most complex laws in the appellate setting and helping clients navigate the often-formidable appellate process. The same passion for resolving the most demanding legal issues drives Julia’s regular engagement in litigation raising state and federal constitutional questions.
She has represented local school boards in a variety of trial and appellate litigation matters, including cases involving funding disputes, access to school property, free speech, discrimination, personal injury, employment, and the constitutionality of state laws governing teacher tenure.
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Direct Phone Number: 919-573-6240
- Lawyer Page: https://www.brookspierce.com/our-people/attorneys/julia-c-ambrose-0
- Wells Fargo Capitol Center, Suite 1700
150 Fayetteville Street
P.O. Box 1800
Raleigh, NC 27602
- Vanderbilt University, J.D., graduated 1994
- Rhodes College, B.A., graduated 1990
- North Carolina, North Carolina
- Virginia, Virginia
- District of Columbia, District of Columbia
- Appellate Practice Section, North Carolina Bar Association - Chair (2015-2016), Vice-Chair (2014-2015)
- Constitutional Rights and Responsibilities Section, North Carolina Bar Association - Member
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 3rd, 4th, 9th, 11th, D.C., and Federal Circuits
- U.S. District Court for the Western, Middle and Eastern Districts of North Carolina
- United States Court of Appeals
- United States Supreme Court
- Appellate Practice
- Commercial Litigation
- Litigation - Regulatory Enforcement (SEC, Telecom, Energy)
Recognized by her peers for inclusion in Business North Carolina’s "Legal Elite" in Appellate Law (2021-2022)
- Communications Law
- Education Law
- Media Law
- Criminal Defense: White-Collar
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.