Judy Simmons Henry has been engaged in an active business litigation practice for 27 years and serves in management of the firm as its business litigation chair. Her practice centers on complex litigation including fiduciary and trust matters, bankruptcy, banking and class action litigation. Henry is a National Football League Players Association Certified Contract Advisor and is the firm's Sports Law Group leader.
Henry’s recent experience includes:
- Lead local counsel for national shoe companies in multiple class action cases.
- Lead counsel for five class action cases involving a variety of issues including mortgage servicing, lender changes and recording fees.
- Lead local counsel for national bank in defeating class certification in alleged wrongful bank deposit account charges.
- Lead counsel for national and local banks in variety of plaintiff cases and defensive high-stakes litigation in state and federal courts.
- Lead counsel for dozens of commercial and residential foreclosure actions in state and federal courts, many involving class action and successful defense of lender liability claims.
- Lead counsel for national trust companies in successfully defending breach of fiduciary duty claims in state and federal courts.
- Counsel for state’s largest healthcare provider in successfully defending antitrust claims at federal, circuit and U.S. Supreme Court.
- Lead counsel for numerous state business entities in general business issues, contract negotiations and collection actions.
- Negotiated offensive and defensive NFL player contracts since 2011.
Before joining the firm, Henry served as an intern to United States Senator David Pryor in Washington, D.C. (1982) and as a Law Clerk in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern and Western District of Arkansas for Judge James G. Mixon (1985-88)